Schwintec Slide Controller

elmhurst

I have a 2015 3405RK Alfa Gold 5th wheel by Lifestyle with 2 Schwintec slides, both need balancing/leveling. So far I have been unable to locate either controller in any of the obvious places. Can't call Lifestyle they are out of business, will call Dealer Svc. Dept. but----. Anyone out there have a suggestion before I have to stat tearing things apart??      Bob

I don't understand when you say "balancing/leveling"  Do you mean to time them so they both open or close at the same time?  If so, then you hold the button for a few second after they close and they adjust themselves. 
I have been helping a friend with his and we could find one controller, but never could find the other.

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

10 hours ago, elmhurst said:

I have a 2015 3405RK Alfa Gold 5th wheel by Lifestyle with 2 Schwintec slides, 

2016 Alfa Gold 3905SHMC here.  Also with 2 Schwinteks.  Both controllers for mine are mounted on the inside of the basement behind the utility connections.  I have to remove a wall panel to get to them.   

If your slides are not opening/closing evenly, push the button (extend if they are closed, retract if they are open) for a few seconds, just until you hear the motors spin up, then release.  Do that about 8 times.  It is real quick.  Then press and hold the button the opposite way until the motors stop making noise.  With the Schwinteks, it seems each motor counts it's own revolutions.  Sometimes they get out of whack.  This process is supposed to get them back into sync.  

If you mean something else by level/balance, your best bet is to call Lippert.  

From the Schwintek Slide Out Troubleshooting pdf:

To resynchronize the slide motors
1. Fully extend the slide room using the switch. Keep the switch engaged until the motors shut down on their own.
2. Retract the room 1-2 inches.
3. Repeat Steps 1 and 2. In many cases, two or three repetitions are necessary to re-sync the system. Note: When the motors are in sync, they will shut down at the same time.
4. Fully extend and then retract the room. Again, always let the motors shut down on their own before releasing the switch.

If you find that one corner of the slide does not fully retract, then you have a different problem - it's not a synchronization issue.
That problem is most likely a bad, broken or missing "shoe" on the bearing block.
The shoe can be dislodged during assembly at the factory - the symptom you will see is that one slide corner won't fully retract.

This happened on my Lance full wall slide out.  Lippert will tell you that the slide has to be removed and an entirely new slideout mechanism installed.  (That's what they told me about mine).  I took the Lance back to the factory and was told the same thing by Lance's factory repair - a new mechanism would have to be installed.  (Both false.  Parts are available on E-bay)

Ultimately, an RV repair shop in Lakewood Washington trouble-shot and fixed the problem.  They had the camper in-shop for a month and had a very hard time findng the problem.  They found that there is a small plastic/nylon "shoe" that was dislodged/broken.  The shoe is black in color and very hard to see due to its recessed location.
At any rate, I posted more details about this problem along with illustrations on my Eagle Cap Owners website.
The topic is here: https://www.eaglecapowners.com/owners/showthread.php?tid=351  

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich

• 2 weeks later...

Archived