Latest RV Dealer Scam?

earlvillestu

The guy starts by trying to sell you books, then goes into a discussion of a scam that he must have invented!  Just one more lawyer who has found a different approach to ambulance chasing. I have come to suspect that there must be a course in law school called "the art of skillful lying." 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 6:55 AM, Kirk Wood said:

I have come to suspect that there must be a course in law school called "the art of skillful lying."  

:angry: 

I assure you...there is not. :P

Alice...

Weekender with a F-150 and Rockwood 2503S - until this happens:

event.png

On 9/19/2018 at 7:55 AM, Kirk Wood said:

I have come to suspect that there must be a course in law school called "the art of skillful lying." 

Almost all colleges teach such a course.  It's called "Fiction Writing 101".

Regards

John

DON'T FEED THE VULTURES!

My Body is a Temple!  Ancient, Crumbling, Probably Cursed . . .

I Don't Like to Make Advanced Plans.  They Cause the Word "PREMEDITATED" to Get Thrown Around in Court!

MyMapS.jpg

How about dealerships wanting to charge you $500 to prep your new trailer for delivery. Is that a new scam or something that goes on all the time ? Inquiring minds need to know.

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

6 minutes ago, alan0043 said:

How about dealerships wanting to charge you $500 to prep your new trailer for delivery. Is that a new scam or something that goes on all the time ?

I have never paid that as an itemized item, but no doubt it was built into the price that I paid. What you need to compare is the total that is paid for the RV at each location. Every dealer has expenses in each RV sold and they do pay the employees who work on preparing them but all I have bought from just built those expenses into the price of the RV. I would look at it very carefully.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:40 PM, Kirk Wood said:

My neighbor tells me that attorneys are just well educated, used car salespeople.   😄

I'm starting to get insulted here!  :angry:  Attorneys are NOT used care salespeople.  They're more like proctologists.  Everyone makes fun of them, but if you need one then you're awfully glad they're around! 

(Seriously though, I'm in public service for a reason.)

Alice...

event.png

27 minutes ago, Alice said:

They're more like proctologists.  Everyone makes fun of them, but if you need one then you're awfully glad they're around! 

That is so true in many ways!     🤣

I do not buy new RVs or cars because of the dealer scams and games. One of the great things that made Tesla a must buy was that they sell direct, no dealer middleman. They don't need the crazy maintenance of ICE vehicles. There's only one moving engine part in a Battery Electric Vehicle or BEV.

I buy cars and RVs usually just a couple years old and with low miles/use and the bugs already worked out. I detest new car dealers, and RV dealers. I have no problem with them making a living or a profit. I do have a buddy I help with his computers and he gets me wholesale deals on any vehicles I want from his used car and motorcycle and RV lot. I bought several from him and the last two and my truck were deals he offered to buy if I did not when I told him about them. But my favorite is to find an owner selling cheap because he or she would like to give the dealer trade in price to me.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Having watched the video, and yes, being a lawyer, my response to the "mandatory dealer inspection" would be to insist that if I am paying a penny for an inspection, that they will give me an inspection certification that verifies that they have personally inspected the RV at their dealership, outlining everything they inspected, verifying that it is in proper working order, and guaranteeing that they will repair free of charge any defects found in those systems within a specified period of time, or they will take it back and issue a full refund if the defects cannot be repaired.

Bet they back down.

Alice...

event.png

54 minutes ago, Alice said:

Having watched the video, and yes, being a lawyer, my response to the "mandatory dealer inspection" would be to insist that if I am paying a penny for an inspection,

You are assuming that what the video tells is actually true. I'm telling you that I do not believe that ever happened. I have been in the RV community since 1971 and have heard of plenty of dealerships offering to do the inspection for a customer for a price, but not 1 time have I heard of what he claims is getting to be common. I would like to see the video guy document where and when it happened, as I'm betting that the entire thing is fiction.

28 minutes ago, Kirk Wood said:

You are assuming that what the video tells is actually true. I'm telling you that I do not believe that ever happened. I have been in the RV community since 1971 and have heard of plenty of dealerships offering to do the inspection for a customer for a price, but not 1 time have I heard of what he claims is getting to be common. I would like to see the video guy document where and when it happened, as I'm betting that the entire thing is fiction.

Yep, that's the assumption alright.

But, if it ever did happen, you'd be a fool to pay for it, however "mandatory" it is, without some kind of contract outlining what you get out of the inspection.  Having watched a couple more of this guy's videos, he does seem to be rather anti-RV.

On a similar topic, HOW do you even find an RV inspector?  I tried the locator on the NRVIA website and there's like 2 in all of Missouri!  I bet they'd charge a pretty penny to travel to my area, should I buy my RV close to home. :(

Alice...

event.png

4 minutes ago, Alice said:

On a similar topic, HOW do you even find an RV inspector?  I tried the locator on the NRVIA website and there's like 2 in all of Missouri! 

I would check with the two, also do an internet search and check with a mobile RV tech. If you are considering a motorized RV you should probably have it checked by a mechanic and possibly have an oil sample analyzed. 

2 minutes ago, Kirk Wood said:

I would check with the two, also do an internet search and check with a mobile RV tech.

Oh we haven't found anything yet.  I was mostly curious after that guy kept going on and on about inspections. 

Just now, RV fan said:

We recently had an experience at a dealer where they will not operate or demonstrate any item on the rig until it is paid for in full. But they "guarantee" everything will work when you come to pick it up. Ha! Ha! Ha!

Un Huh.  Wow.   It amazes me that places like that manage to sell anything. 

Alice...

event.png

Archived