Leveling help?

solo318

We spent the weekend in Chattanooga/lookout mountain campground. Everyone we met was nice. (well not everyone. Our neighbor was a middle aged angry woman who refused to clean up after herself or her dogs).

The RV was well liked and well received. The campsite itself was TERRIBLE but the park was nice and clean and the pool was fantastic. The staff was excellent and the owner was also. The camp site was curved. Although it was long enough it was hard to find a spot that would get everything off the grass. ( I know, First world Problems). The sight was gravel and every time the jacks took the weight of the rv off the rear wheels everything would "slide" down the hill a little bit.  I finally just put one side on wood and used the other side jacks to even it out. 

Is there a better way?

Are you using the plastic lego style blocks under the jacks?  If you are, that is a common problem.  What I did was buy a horse stall mat from Tractor Supply and cut it into strips then blocks.  I ended up with 12x12 squares.  Since these are rubber, the jacks don't slide.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

13 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Are you using the plastic lego style blocks under the jacks?  If you are, that is a common problem.  What I did was buy a horse stall mat from Tractor Supply and cut it into strips then blocks.  I ended up with 12x12 squares.  Since these are rubber, the jacks don't slide.

I like that idea.

16 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

That's a brilliant idea. :)  What did you cut it with?

We're old school.  Level side x side with wood scraps before unhooking.  Not a big deal if you forget to pick them up.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

5 hours ago, solo318 said:

I used a straight edge and a razor knife.  Scored as deep as I could and made several passes.  If you let the edge hang off a table, it will open the cut and you can make your second pass.  If you have access to a table saw or jig saw, sawsall, band saw, those would be faster.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

On 9/19/2018 at 12:23 PM, solo318 said:

Yep, Jim is a pretty smart feller.  I made my mud flaps out of the same stuff.  The mat I bought was 1/2".  I cut them out with a saber saw and a 14 TPI blade.  For me that worked well.  A circular saw with a plywood blade does not work well.  More smoke from burning rubber than chips.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Archived