Damnphool ideas

noteven

2 minutes ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

I'm almost up there... but still south of the border.  Was in Wolf Point MT today.

Jim you’re only 8 hours SSE of me. If it was, um, a bit warmer and a bit less snowage I’d hop on a bike and say howdy.

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

3 minutes ago, orca said:

Reminds me of the time i stopped for fuel in an undisclosed small town way down south.  After fueling i went in to pay and passed a guy wearing just bib overalls. On the way back to the bus he asked where i was from and had a hard time explaining where i was from cause he didn't even know where North Dakota was! So i told him that u drive north till you hit the snow and then drive 500 more!  He paused and then said "Hmmm you can't get more Yankee than that!"  

Ja, orca - next time yust tell them there are tree kinds of people. Norwegians, Nort America Norwegians, and dose who vish dey ver.

15 minutes ago, Darryl&Rita said:

My wallet don't even have a chain on it. That's what parking lots are for.

Close, but still 923 miles, by Google.

Some times Just getting out of a parking lot can be a BIT___  I will let you fill in the blanks. Better to have them and not need them, Then to need them and not have them. Cheaper than a tow bill

2 minutes ago, noteven said:

Ja, orca - next time yust tell them there are tree kinds of people. Norwegians, Nort America Norwegians, and dose who vish dey ver.

Well i do spring from some good Viking stock! But as i age i have more and more contempt for the white stuff!

2004 Freightliner m2 106  2015 DRV lx450 Fullhouse  2019 Indian Springfield 2014 Yamaha 950 V-Star

21 minutes ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Using Prescott, we're 1900 miles North. Or, 1805 to Flagstaff. Or, 2975 miles to Hutchinson. 

Darryl is right. As usual. 

I was being lazy. I rechecked using a flight distance calculator- I’m only 1318 miles north mostly of Prescott as the Canada goose flies. 

8 minutes ago, runaway parents said:

Some times Just getting out of a parking lot can be a BIT___  I will let you fill in the blanks. Better to have them and not need them, Then to need them and not have them. Cheaper than a tow bill

I got some "Poverty" chains for just such an occasion. Cable style. Light, galvanized to miss the rust, and DOT compliant. Done my best to not use them so far.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

1 minute ago, Darryl&Rita said:

I got some "Poverty" chains for just such an occasion. Cable style. Light, galvanized to miss the rust, and DOT compliant. Donemy best to not use them so far.

Had a trucking company give us some 3 rail (correct me if my description is not accurate) logging truck chains I hope I never have to use these things. They make my truck look like it can clime a tree . I think they might be a little over kill but I could not beat the price

Have you been on the phone with my dispatcher?.  Are you giving him ideas on how to cover loads all over North America while keeping me on the road for 2 months? 

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

3 hours ago, beyerjf said:

Have you been on the phone with my dispatcher?.  Are you giving him ideas on how to cover loads all over North America while keeping me on the road for 2 months? 

😳 😀 no & no 

In the dark ages . . .used to get a check every month from a outfit that I agreed to fly standby not very often.. ...however.. .when I did get called out it seems that the day always involved that white crap falling on the ground.....

Example.... .get call.....pick up two folks in Boise, fly them to .....Sitka (plenty white fog) ......dead to Ket-cha-can (more white fog) fly two geeks to .... Cow-A-$pell MT (finally no fog but a hellish blizzard and two feet of snow) then pickup three folks to drop off at Hail-Lee, Id-whoe (real blizzard and way more snow).....then tank up and fly up thru to top the blissard until south of Grand Canyon and the drop into Ry-ann field W. Tucson where two kids in shorts and no shirts were tossing boxes from a FedEx plane into big box truck and we're bug-eyed seeing me stumble out of this old wreck in knee high boots and a fur lined parka into a balmy 70 f night......

Standby.....maybe just a dummy to foist the bad trips on......

Drive on.......($tandby......not easy $$$ some days and....nights)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Archived