Loco Weed!

RV_

OK,

In looking for the next big thing I passed over bitcoin because that is too high to get into now, despite my eye surgeon friend trying to cajole me into buying in two years ago. Remember that my investments are not my retirement.  My retirement income and medical are all covered nicely by our military retirement. Of course that assumes I have no monthly property/house note/car notes/credit card debt. We are debt free and are about to buy a 1/4 to 1/2 million dollar house cash. Later a Tesla Model 3 cash, and a Subaru Forester cash. We are keeping the Diesel RAM 2500 long bed Cummins 5.9 quiet diesel until Tesla comes out with their light duty pickup truck. We still have all our USAA funds which have doubled in value over the last couple of years.

So after digesting a lot of cannabinoid factoids, because I can't digest any cannabinoids here yet, I have come to the conclusion that $15k, invested long in a little known company outside of "dope" investor circles, Aurora ACBFF, is a "dope" deal!

So I just bought 2000 shares@ $7.71. I see it as the perfect time to buy ACBFF as the share dilution is over I believe for now. What actually convinced me to move on it now was the announcement that Coca Cola is interested in making an marijuana CBD health beverage with Aurora. As well, Aurora essentially owns the market in Uruguay, the only other country to legalize pot both medical and recreational. The pot smoking in Canada begins 1 October, just a couple of weeks from now, and all kinds of dope investment deals are in the offing. Things are moving faster than even I expected so this is my first toe dip into MJ (Marijuana) investing. I am not presently, nor since I enlisted in 1971, ever been a user of any drug except caffeine, nicotine, ethanol, and the occasional prescribed medication. I did no opioids, nor any other psychoactive drugs, from 1971 on. However I spent my teen years until almost 19 in 1971 in the New York area and tried everything at least once, and MJ many times, and yes I did inhale. So I know the product and how it works. I will for sure be doing CBD for lumbar pain in edibles or pill form, but smoking is not in my future, nor heavy THC use, if any.

Was all that Greek? Then you need to learn the terms, and what each cannabinoid does,  and how each is used before attempting to invest.

Here is a great Motley Fool article and video about what is happening now and who the players are today. I believe my choice of Aurora will yield similar results as Tesla did from 2010 when they went public, to this past month when I sold out near the peak before the buy opportunity Tesla is now as I needed cash to buy a house, and a lot left over for incidentals, which worked out perfectly. For those who need to save data the entire video is printed out below it, no need to watch if your data has limits: https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/09/13/everything-youve-ever-wanted-to-know-about-weed-st.aspx

What made me decide to make the trade today was an article saying not to invest in it,  and the first comment under it. This article is saying not to invest in Aurora, as they have diluted investor shares by recent huge acquisitions. But I agree with the first comment under the article and think the Motley Fool was an uneducated in this sector writer that thought his ignorance wasn't showing. The article sounds just like the short articles in Seeking Alpha, who were intentionally misleading.

Title:

Opinion: Aurora Cannabis Is Blatantly Disregarding Shareholder Value With Its Acquisitions

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/opinion-aurora-cannabis-blatantly-disregarding-122100283.html

Despite that negative view of Aurora, I bought it precisely because of its acquisitions. I bought 2000 shares today. I had to buy as a limit stock but got it cheaper anyway which worked out nicely. There was a reader comment from "JB" under the negative article that I totally agreed with, even before I read it.

Excerpt:

" When traditional capital markets are not available and even if they are, like the stock market, I see no reason not to grow through stock issuance. Its less costly than stock market offering and by doing stock based acquisitions, the current management of the acquired has a vested interest in seeing the transition goes well. A couple of other thoughts on this.

1)the acquisitions give Aurora a highly diversified operation spanning leaf and oils, medical, and retail, infused beverages to come, and wholesale distribution in key markets worldwide. This should help guard against commoditization that is sure to come.
2)both tobacco and spirits will be playing in this sandbox. If were looking to take an investment in the companies out there, this would have to be very high on my list if not the top. Had they been a little farther along in their roll-up I have little doubt constellation would have chosen aurora.
3)infused beverages have the potential be as big as the entire medical and recreational markets. You dont have to look far to imagine this with Red Bull, Monster Energy and other top selling drink sales. of course they will have to play in this sand box as well.

4)debt financing has become available recently and could slow the dilution of using shares for acquisition. I expect more traditional debt financing to open up soon.

I do have a small long position in ACBFF. This article simply ignores some of the key issues, and is a rather simplistic look at a rapidly unfolding industry.

The biggest risks I see is management effectiveness. I know little about the managements backgrounds and experience at acquisitions and transitioning.

to use a metaphor that has played out in the dot com/tech boom, technology is overestimated in the short term and underestimated in the long term. this has proven to be very accurate and I would say its in play in this nascent field. "

Here is the Yahoo Finance page on it: https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/acbff?ltr=1

There is even an ETF for dope investing: https://www.bing.com/search?q=MJ+stock+price&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&pq=mj+stock+price&sc=8-14&sk=&cvid=913A9264FBAB44DF80C30EBF2F78AADF

My crazy investment for this decade is a lithium mine. They got nothing, they are speculating, and could be my first direct investment in an individual stock loss. 1000 shares for $1240.00, so no big play. But Tesla was 1000 shares give or take through my long holding of it too. Here is the Yahoo Finance page on it: https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BEAG?p=BEAG

This is getting fun again!

Safe travels! Safer investing!

Disclaimer:

The above post was written by "Maggie The Wonder Dog," who is solely responsible for its content. Don't tell the asylum I had access to the Internet and you saw me here.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Darryl,

Hope so:

I've good feelings about this one too and think they will be like the long shot that wins in the horse race.

So I started with 2000 shares this time instead of 1000 like I did with Tesla. The starting gates and horses are moving to the gates which will open on the 1st I believe when it goes legal in Canada. They are only the second country to legalize MJ country wide, Uruguay was first, and are an economy that is bolstered by Brazil, Argentina, and Paraguay. We'll see.

Are you guys in MJ yet?

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

OK guys, I made one more buy this morning (Tuesday) before the markets closed. I bought 1000 shares of NBEV just before they went up again.  Go here and scroll down to NBEV in the article: https://investorplace.com/2017/03/ipos-done-right-invh-laur-revg-hlne-jnce-nbev-iipr/

Now for another shocker - Trading was halted today on both Coke and Aurora until about noon central time! 

I participated in a discussion about it after a great article by Gary Bourgeault about Aurora and NBEV here: https://seekingalpha.com/article/4206883-real-significance-coke-aurora-cannabis-talks-infused-drinks

Dope stocks are Dope! I made $1667.00 overnight on my 2000 shares of Aurora, and lost $180.45 on my 1000 shares of NBEV I bought this morning.

Wow! Pot stocks are as much fun as Tesla was for eight years. Tesla is not going bankrupt and should be back on top by this time next year. I might even re-enter a position with them long again.

Happy investing.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

More from today Tuesday the 18th of September 2018:

The Companies That Could Benefit From An Aurora Cannabis-Coca-Cola Deal

https://www.benzinga.com/markets/cannabis/18/09/12371259/the-companies-that-could-benefit-from-an-aurora-cannabis-coca-cola-d

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Wow!

If you' are looking for a sector to take advantage of next month's pot legalization in Canada, look at my two above. It appears the stocks I picked are taking off. Aurora is emerging as more capable than the hyped Tilray and Cronos. And this will be more fun than the early days in Tesla.

New Age Beverages (NBEV)

Excerpt:

" If you like to play in the realm of high risk high reward, New Age Beverages (NBEV) offers just that. What initially caught my eye here was the 73% rise in the stock in just two days, occurring on Sept. 5th and 6th, rising from $1.50 to $2.60, pre-market trading included. At one point, upside volatility resulted in a brief halt at $2.08 before trading resumed. What suddenly excited investors was the slide below: " (See slide in link)

The article examines the stock and with no bias looks at the perceived weaknesses and why they are more than poised - they already tested a CBD infused drink in Colorado! Details in the article:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4206706-small-beverage-company-might-finally-ready-pack-punch

Amazing!

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Cronos is getting better exposure, being on a US based exchange, but I'm thinking that may bite them. There's so much money being pumped into their stock price, there has to be a correction coming their way. The pump and dump game in full effect. 

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Aurora is going on NASDAQ ASAP. Again, the reason others held off from Aurora is the reason they will dominate IMO. They bought companies that did everything they did not. But their core biz of supplying the MJ (Marijuana not the company) plants, well, Aurora has more capacity to produce marijuana than the other two in the top three MJ companies. They are positioned for fast ramp to meet any demand.

This is some serious upside potential if we read the emerging market even close to right.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

RV - So, if they could get Tesla to power their growing lights in the farming buildings - you'd be doubling down on this investment:)! (The gent that helped us with our home solar system, just spent four hot months near Palm Springs, installing solar to four brand new commercial buildings - custom built and set up for MJ growing.)

It's an interesting cycle. Lots of hype going on now, so some of this cycle will be the 'pumping up' gang... But no question it is a growth industry. If the Fed's ever lift the private consumption of legalized MJ, as soon many states have, that would also provide a good pump to the upward swing too. 

It must be my age now, you see I find. -- === ++++ What the heck was I going to say?

Oh yeah, I find my short term memory is not what it used to be:)! I read the Coke looking into the trials of brew, and meant to research Auroa more later that day, to see if I wanted to jump in. Flash forward until I see 4-5 days later that it's already had a large upswing, and then later that day I first read your post about you getting in:)! 

As I missed the first larger move up, where I would have taken enough off the table short term to cover the bulk of my initial investment and go long term on the balance. I decided to wait a bit for a dip downward. If it comes, I'll consider it again. I do have some ETF exposure, so not completely out of this party.

Good to see you still doing what you feel is right for you - hope this is another Tesla for you:)!

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

Thanks Smitty!

I told a friend who bought before the upswing and sold it near peak the next day. He made a bundle and owes me a steak dinner according to him. My hunch here is to hang around long until at least a bit after 17 Oct when it is supposed to go legal Canada wide.

To me, this is analogous to the end of prohibition, when the illegal production was filling demand and looking for more. Once the legalization was in sight the markets changed sides if you will. However the gangs or cartels of those days decided to switch to drugs/prostitution/rackets/gambling. All of those are legal in most of Europe, save the rackets, and like Nevada even here. It's been my observation here in Louisiana as we got gambling first with the horse racetrack, that contrary to what the blue law toting anti everything groups claimed, this area actually cleaned up the "strip" which was for a century the only wet town in a hundred mile radius. Shootings and fights and folks getting rolled was the norm. But all that disappeared very quickly. Today the once seedy areas have been leveled and reclaimed as shopping and recreation venues. It is safer to walk at night today than back in the 70s without the hordes of drunks on the roads.

I believe the same will happen with these drug laws when they fall. I've been where drugs/prostitution are legal over seas and didn't buy or use them, just my nicotine and ethanol. 

I doubt there will be any increases of crime from pot, likely a decrease as less meth and coke are used over time enough for the old addicts to OD.

But I digress. I believe that today is ground floor, and when the bull market turns, and some folks feel the sting of a bear market, they'll use more alcohol and/or pot. I truly believe the best picks, and if I was lucky in my analysis, my picks, will be recession proof if not make more in economic downturns. Human nature. But like we could get them now illegally, I'm not a fan of being under the influence, legal or not.  I even quit drinking along with smoking eight years ago. I doubt legalizing any of them would cause many of us to use them much if at all, with the same percentage turning it into a habit, legal or not.

And some of the stocks will do an Amazon/Netflix/Tesla profit build and once settled, will be very secure. my generation knows better than the fear mongers of pot would try to convince otherwise.

I'm feeling my way through it and will buy more after we see which way the wind blows.

This is ground floor and the wheels still in spin.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

https://www.bing.com/search?q=igc+stock&pc=MOZI&form=MOZLBR

I'll read through tomorrow. Did you buy before this rally? Do you own any of them? Love other input before the races start October 17th.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

It is one of those situations where risk is greater because the potential reward or loss is also great. I stopped investing in individual stocks some years ago when I reached the age of required annual withdrawals in order to minimize risk but still find it interesting to watch some more interesting stocks along with the overall market. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

These will be fun for you to watch Kirk. It is an emerging market that covers intoxicants, smoking and edibles, non intoxicating cannabinoids for medical use, and overlaps into the health food markets, as well as the beverages in the same niche as energy drinks.

Fortunately I did due diligence in researching their effects and what MJ does when smoked or cooked in brownies during my teenage years in the 60s, in the New York City Metropolitan area. I even have annotated on my entry paperwork that I experimented with it. :o

I really did not do anything but alcohol during and after my active duty time. The loss of prestige and credibility as a senior NCO leader were too much to risk. I had the devil of a time getting off cigarettes. I had to have a smoke when I drank a beer or mixed drink so I quit alcohol too. I am fine without either. I won't smoke MJ as I do not want to get back into nicotine. Beer will likely be OK but I can do without intoxicants just fine. I've never had issues with alcohol or behavior while drinking my whole life. But dang I was smoking three packs plus of cigarettes daily!

Anyway, this is going to happen and investing in Canada where it will be legal and the marijuana companies can use banks.

Even in Colorado the marijuana businesses can't deposit or in any way use federal money instruments because here they are still federally illegal. What makes more sense is for the feds to make it legal nationwide and then leave it up to each city or township to allow it in their jurisdiction.

Canada will be running the criminals out of town, and don't give a hoot about US big Pharma, who are fighting legalization. How can they charge thousands for pain pills that addict, if people can grow what they need in the back yard?

Canada will begin collecting tax revenues from every joint smoked, brownie or infused candy eaten and every infused beverage that people drink. And get rid of the bulk of the illegal uncontrolled or tested cannabis products.

A kid can go get a joint or worse drugs in ten minutes despite them being illegal. But since alcohol is controlled they need a fake ID or an adult to get it for them. I'm not saying what is right or wrong. I am saying start collecting all those taxes!

Don't do anything I wouldn't do. (remember I am married with kids(

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

I am not into drugs in any form but I am into making money! So I have been waiting for a stock in this sorta field where lots of money could be made and never thought about the drink industry where this could be more acceptable over a wide group of people, this has peaked my interest to the point of buying in. 

No sir I read about this and do not own currently, I have been out of investing for many years now but taking control again and need to make some moves. I was hoping one who is versed in the market could quickly look into this and give reasonable info. Either way I will be looking into this for investing, sooner rather than later. I saw another thread and was thinking that may be the better thread to post this stock for more response.

Give me your thoughts.

Terry

For someone wanting to get back into market after sort of idling on investments, take a good look at ETF's, especially sector ETF's. As they avoid risk of a single stock having a momentary negative blip. Multiple apples in the basket, so to say:)!

And I've shared this on other threads on this board (As this board, and many of their member's, were incredibly helpful as I developed an approach to overall retirement for my wife and I. So I always like to pay it forward, and share what we ended up doing. As it could help others too. And it's just not response to a specific question i posted. The ability to go back and read older threads, many times several years old, added perspective too. And I was researching just as things started shifting back into gear, after the 07/08 dip downward:)!).

One condition my DW had, as she is both afraid of and not interested in learning about investing - was that if something happened to me, where I could no longer manage our finances, things would be pretty much on Auto Pilot for her. If we could not set things up to be this way, then she wanted to keep working (Even though one of the reasons we pulled up retirement about 3-4 years early, was due her having a very bad back problem, impacting her ability to walk without pain. Very much improved, with surgery - so that is good:)!). 

So we put the primary bulk of our investments/401K's/Roth 401K's with a Financial Planner. He is just now 41 years of age! So should be around for awhile. (His goal is to retire at 55, and he is doing well to do so. And, he has brought in a few other's under him, so we'll have time to decide if we want to remain with one of them when he does retire.). I worked closely with him on our different options. And went about 65% of our above bucket of funds in a mix of annuities and to also fund a hybrid cash accumulating life insurance policy on me (To replace my pension, as we did not do survivor's benefit hit for the DW.). That 65% income, along with the life insurance, has her set financially for the long haul. 

The other about 35% I've got set up to like this: 25% is in more speculative investments within the funds available under/through our Financial Planner (He is high enough up the food chain, that he has funds not readily available to say a beginning Financial Planner.). The other about 10%, I retained in my TD Ameritrade account. I did this so that I could 'keep in the game', to make sure I keep up on investing in general. I'm relatively aggressive with these funds, even with he 50% of which I keep into Longer Term holds, to lower Cap Gain's hit. I've harvested the gains, with admittedly some very intelligent offsetting losses ( :)! ) over the 6 or so years we've been retired. We use those funds to make modifications and improvements to our coach. So far, so good on that front... 

I do a mix of ETF's, individual bonds (Took a nice ride on the Tesla bounce down, and up, from Elon getting his hand slapped. As an example of not day trading, but pretty close to it. After Market purchase after hearing the news. And then I jumped out a preset 15% gain price point.). I have some place holders in a few DRIPS too. 

I like how RV/Derick(SP?) is searching for the next big thing/move... And, this could be a good one he's into now:)!

Rambling over, for now:)!

Best to all,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

Thanks for your thoughts Smitty.

I have never looked into ETF's but will keep that in mind.

I need to be aggressive and hit some home runs during the next ten years to make up from what I haven't done in the previous ten.

I don't know what RV is into but it did catch my attention as I have thought about the trade he mentions above. My sister was talking to someone else about the marijuana extracts for pain relieve, if that works and than the stock I read about IGC, 6.45 on Friday and closed today at 9.02, this is something I really need to get into now. I need to go look into this more now.

RV what are you looking into and how is it doing?

Terry

TL Ram,

Just start at the top of this thread. I go into detail in what and why. Also read my posts in "Are you still in" here next to this thread. TL, I just sold Tesla shares at almost the year's high price before the big fall and phony SEC fines, but that is another thread to start. I only sold because I needed cash to buy my next house in Colorado where they are from $300k-$500k for nice houses in nice areas. I want to be able to take my time selling this 5 acre and new house property, which is also paid for. TLRAM any buy of Tesla under $250 or even better 225 is a great buy as they are going to cut loose of new CapEx as their projects are finished and production really starts to fly on Batteries for PowerWalls for homes, and businesses, as well as enterprise and regional power production like the biggest lithium ion battery in the world they completed on time/budget in Australia. https://electrek.co/2018/01/23/tesla-giant-battery-australia-1-million/

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-australia-45648303/world-s-biggest-battery-a-look-around-tesla-project

Those are peaker plants that prevent the ten minute delay in powering up a fossil fueled peaker plant. But they can also keep full power for several hours which today is usually more than enough save for mass outages like Puerto Rico, and the Carolinas. They take over inm milliseconds exactly like a computer UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) for the few minutes until your backup generator kicks in or the power comes back on. MY UPS' can only handle two minutes or so but I have a whole house 25kw NatGas auto switching generator system that kicks in in less than 20 seconds. That delay to be sure the power wasn't just browning out. Once power is restored the generator senses the incoming power and waits until the surge and voltage is stable.

Smitty, I am about to post an answer to your watching me have fun again with this over on the are you still  in thread.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

If you are looking to get into cannabis this article is a must read from Seeking Alpha:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4209433-aurora-cannabis-may-go-ballistic

Excerpt:

"Conclusion

When taking into account listing on a major exchange, sales from increased demand from recreational pot in Canada, expanding global footprint, improved gross margins, soaring sales, declining costs, and interest from large companies to enter into partnerships with them, I see Aurora Cannabis having a lot of room to boost its share price in the near and long term.

The key is it has been able to position itself about as good as it can to take advantage of the market conditions presenting themselves to the company. Considering it has been able to perform so well while growing organically and via significant acquisitions, it's impressive to see the results it's starting to produce; they're going to get a lot better.

As good as the short-term outcome will be as a result of increased sales from recreational pot in Canada, the real value of Aurora Cannabis is its transition to high-margin products, medical cannabis, and its strong entry into important international markets.

With capacity being built out and costs dropping, it's positioned to win in almost any circumstance that presents itself to the company. It could take on partners, land more deals outside of Canada, rapidly scale production at some of its facilities, or make some more strategic acquisitions.

With its expected upcoming listing, legalization of recreational pot in Canada, and supply that is ready to meet its obligations, I believe the company could double its share price by the end of the year. If it lands some big partnerships during that time, it could even surpass that lofty potential in the near term.

Even so, the value of Aurora Cannabis is its long-term potential. It's one of the few cannabis stocks that could be bought and held in my opinion, without fears of it plummeting in value.

I believe publicly traded cannabis companies have a lot more room to run, and Aurora Cannabis is one of a few of those companies that should be able to do so sustainably.

For the reasons mentioned above, I think it's time to get into Aurora Cannabis before it soars higher. In the not-too-distant future I see $10 per share being far in its rear view mirror.

Disclosure: I am/we are long ACBFF."

Source:  https://seekingalpha.com/article/4209433-aurora-cannabis-may-go-ballistic

That's just the conclusion, the article is much more detailed showing why he arrives at this conclusion.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

OK I may lose my butt but I increased my position today by an additional 3000 shares. I expect a very volatile ride until well after when pot is legal in all its forms across all of Canada on 17 October.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

11 hours ago, RV_ said:

OK I may lose my butt but I increased my position today by an additional 3000 shares. I expect a very volatile ride until well after when pot is legal in all its forms across all of Canada on 17 October.

Did you buy the same stock that you were in?  Why not pick another company as one might not make it, but the other would.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Yes, the same. Because I was too conservative based on their preparedness for the legalization in a few weeks. I have now added to the only individual stock I've ever bought Tesla. So as of a few weeks ago, I bought two more. They've already yielded great profit and they are about to leap from the gates on the 17th.

The other stocks peaked on hype before legalization. But NBEV was low priced and a bargain. Aurora will be on NASDAQ very soon. Then we will see.

You really have to read the links on each I provided because all I'd be doing is repeating them. But don't follow my example, just read and then if you find better candidates you are willing to invest please do share. Just remember the stock market can take your money and leave you with losses. I can accept that for the little I invest. I don't gamble with house money or moving money. That is important because some folks just roll the dice and wait for someone to give them tips. One here made good money when NBEV went from under $3 to $8. But when I gave him the research I used he said he doesn't understand all that stuff. He just wants me to tell him tips? Man, I don't want responsibility for folks buying high and selling low. Thus my longer posts with the knowledge I used. I'm not out to convince others to do the same. As well there are people shorting stocks as a gamble who believe folks who tell the most outrageous conspiracy theories! I see that I run. Other flock to it like a moth to a flame.

Tesla was good use of existing technology in a new way, from the programming to the battery pack builds and cooling. It was a new market that as I predicted will take over.

These stocks make good use of existing manufacturing, lab, and growing techniques, in a completely new playing field. I'm avoiding the sprinters and am going with those that show the endurance needed to ramp up and go the distance.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Ryno,

My last big buy was Tesla, with high risk in 2010 before they had the Model S out and in between having cars to sell after they stopped production on the Roadster. It has proven volatile all through my ownership until I followed my gut and sold all 1000 shares August 14 to have our new house money liquid and waiting. I know Tesla will come back up but it tends to trade sideways for months with the shorts muddying the waters. They are fooling only noobs to BEVs. There is an investor segment that tries to drag good companies down and harass great companies, to try and profit from their short plays. Tesla is very fast growth and that takes a lot of cash to build out. The cash burn will be over once the Model 3 catches up with reservations, and they can begin focusing on the economies of scale. I just needed liquid at this point.

I changed my approach 180 degrees for the Cannabis sector and picked the one with the best fundamentals and diversification to handle anything that comes along. Tilray has nothing on Aurora save being listed first.

Excerpt:

" Although a majority of my articles don't have a formal conclusion, I believe Aurora deserves one. I say this because Aurora stock, like all other cannabis stocks, has skyrocketed in the recent years all because of legalization news. Of course, the market has been driven by news of the Farm Bill and full legalization around Canada, yet, unlike many other cannabis companies, Aurora has created a system allowing them to thrive for years. With extreme profits off of investments, Aurora proves not only to be a cannabis manufacturer but also can be seen as a marijuana hedge fund. As markets for marijuana grows, Aurora grows even if it is their competitors selling the most. This being said, the amount of acquisitions they have made recently to improve their company is truly magnificent. With a surplus of cash, they are able to improve their product through these acquisitions with little concern. On another note, their product has been awarded numerous medals and patients clearly love it. So, in conclusion, Aurora is the best cannabis stock to buy in today's day and age."

Source: Seeking Alpha:  Aurora

From Motley Fool:

"Better Marijuana Stock: Aurora Cannabis vs. Tilray

Which Canadian marijuana grower is in the best position to succeed over the long run?

Better marijuana stock

One way to determine which marijuana stock is a better buy is to look at their valuations in relation to their annual production capacity. In other words, see how much bang for the buck you would get by buying Aurora Cannabis or Tilray.

Aurora Cannabis' market cap currently is close to $2.9 billion. Factoring in the company's projected annual production capacity, the cost of the stock is around $5,087 per kilogram of annual capacity. By comparison, Tilray's market cap is a little under $2.2 billion. A rough estimate of the company's projected annual capacity translates to well over $15,000 per kilogram. Based on these admittedly ballpark calculations, I think Aurora Cannabis is the better pick."

The link for this article contains several articles both pro Aurora, and lukewarm Aurora. scroll down to each headline I quote below too: Motley Fool Aurora Articles

10 Things You Need to Know About Aurora Cannabis' Fourth-Quarter Report

There's much more to Aurora's operating results than just 223% sales growth and a surprise quarterly profit.

Excerpt:

"The countdown creeps ever closer. In only 15 days, on Oct. 17, recreational marijuana will be completely legal for adults to purchase throughout Canada. This makes Canada the first industrialized country in the world to have legalized adult-use weed, and puts the industry on track to generate billions of dollars annually, once it's fully up to speed.

Though there are dozens of marijuana stocks for investors to choose from to potentially take advantage of this growth, none has been more popular (or polarizing) than Aurora Cannabis (NASDAQOTH: ACBFF). That's because Aurora is expected to lead all growers in aggregate annual production, yet it's not the largest marijuana stock by market cap (it currently sits at No. 3, behind Tilray and Canopy Growth Corp.).

It also just so happens that marijuana darling Aurora Cannabis reported its fourth-quarter and full-year 2018 operating results last week. And while Wall Street and investors are probably focused on the company's 223% year-over-year Q4 sales growth, its plans to uplist to a major U.S. exchange, or its surprise profit of over 79 million Canadian dollars, there are 10 other things listed throughout its report that bear even more significance. If you've been monitoring Aurora Cannabis, or you own shares in the company, here's what you really need to know."

The ten things in this report are exceptionally compelling and more in depth with the kind of vision we need in this new market. A must read before anyone invests in the pot trade. It is in the link above just scroll down to the title.

So it is my belief, that Aurora is staged to exceed Tilray long term. From Markets Insider:

"Shares of Aurora are up 130% since its mid-August low of 4.10. The subsequent rally was fueled in part by reported talks with Coca-Cola to produce a CBD-infused beverage. The company has said it does not comment on exploratory discussions. Wall Street analysts have an average price target of $11 a share, a 10% premium to Monday's closing price.

Aurora's surging stock has complicated trading for some investors. After a series of trading halts, US brokerage Robinhood blocked its users from buying new shares of ACBFF — Aurora's OTC listing — citing issues at its execution venues related to the high demand from customers. Aurora is held by more than 72,000 Robinhood customers, making it the 21st most popular stock on the app's "Top 100" list. 

The cannabis producer plans to file a a Form 40-F with US regulators soon, a regulatory form that Canadian company's must file to register on an American exchange, a move that will allow it to access more capital on the world's largest exchanges.

"Listing our shares on a senior U.S. exchange reflects the level of corporate and business maturity and our high-paced execution," Booth said. "This listing provides access to a broader investor audience who gain the opportunity to participate in our continued success."

Files for Listing

From yesterday!

Aurora Cannabis Files For Listing On The New York Stock Exchange

"Aurora filed a Form 40-F today.

It took Canopy Growth 8 days from Form 40-F to NYSE stock listing.

US-traded companies trade at a premium to Canadian peers - will Aurora match that premium?"

Read more about Aurora filing on the NYSE here: Aurora files for listing on NYSE and more

I am investing long term but may sell sooner. I can't get a 15 bagger every time. :huh:

Quadrupling my money would be good enough for me. I am not a greedy pig, because we all know what happens to pigs.

killing_machine.gif

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

• 2 weeks later...

ACB on the TSX was a good grab for few thousand stocks in the $3-$5's a year ago using wider SL's.   Nice return today :).    Just a heads up, we in the frigid north are being cautiously optimistic now with placing our SL's somewhat tighter to lock in some profits.   All due to lots of news about how it's going to be cheaper still on the black market than when it becomes legalized due to the government controls/wants/taxes etc.    Just saying FWIW that we are watching the write ups and news very closely here as traders.

Edited by FULLTIMEWANABE