New road sign and weigh in.

runaway parents

Well I thought I would post a pic of the new road sign that was mention in my previous  post. haven't got the hang of posting pics yet so I will say what I says  word for word and see what you all think . it states and I quote NO TRUCKS OVERV 26000lbs  GVW EMTY WEIGHT .ord no-2017-19 .un quote .  To answer some of your questions yes I am registered as a motor home ,Tractor has a wood deck on it.

Oki I  put the rig on the scales this morning  here are the results of the weigh in  .a 08 Volvo 780 weighs...........................21027 lbs for you Canadians  correct me if I am wrong that's 9537.687kilograms

Trailer weight is...........................9080 lbs in Canadian that is 4118.619 kilograms for a grand total of 30,107 lbs or13656.306 kilograms.

Buy the time I put the new bed on the tractor it will be over weight posted on that sign guess I wont be using that road any more. Don't want to make a trip in to see the judge Stupid Sign Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!! Somebody is playing politics in that neighborhood .May be a call to the county to ask what's up? is in store.

Ord No 2017-19 indicates a local ordinance.  I would check what provisions the state code has for municipalities have to issue weight restrictions.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

How many weight enforcement officers are in your city/county? Carry a copy of a scale ticket for the truck EMPTY  and show it to them. Don't worry about the trailer. The signs says empty truck and GVW..not loaded with a trailer and not GVWR. They gotta weigh you to prove you are over the restriction...if you aren't, then you aren't so don't worry about the sign. Plus, as you said earlier, you aren't a truck you are a motorhome.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

If I had a dollar....

For every sign indicating a weight or length limit, no trucks  blah blah blah, where it was absolutely the only way to get to the destination i would have been able to retire long ago. 

I have been making direct to site deliveries my entire trucking career. I see the signs. Lots of them are there for good reason. But there are also excellent reasons to ignore them.  Would you like this 60,000 lb portable stage delivered to the city park where there is a 5 ton limit or not? You tell the 25,000 people who have paid $150-300 per ticket for the concert that cannot happen unless I ignore the sign. How about the overweight portable boiler that is going to provide emergency heat to a hospital? Or the trucks that are delivering food, medical supplies or linens to the same hospital, who regularly drive past one of those weight limit signs. We deliver million dollar military simulators to National Guard and Army Reserve bases in residential zones all the time. 

I am guessing in this case you are passing the sign on your way to your domicile. Suppose you decided to add a nice garage with a concrete floor to keep that nice Volvo in. That concrete mixer would certainly be way over that limit. What happens then? No garage?

This is one of those huge gray areas. You have a legitimate reason to traverse that roadway. As long as it is legal to park that vehicle on your property they cannot deny you access to that property. What is really happening here is vehicles that don't have a destination anywhere along that roadway are using it, a short cut perhaps, or more likely with the advent of the ubiquitous GPS, truck drivers, using the car mode of the device are going down that road when they shouldn't. And the sign cannot spell out all the possibilities, hence citing the ordinance. 

To the folks on this site, I would recommend heeding the signs, knowing that there are times when you will have to ignore them. A few phone calls to local law enforcement, a little research on Google maps, information from the locals you are visiting are all good sources to determine whether your route is a problem. 

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

2 hours ago, Big5er said:

How many weight enforcement officers are in your city/county? Carry a copy of a scale ticket for the truck EMPTY  and show it to them. Don't worry about the trailer. The signs says empty truck and GVW..not loaded with a trailer and not GVWR. They gotta weigh you to prove you are over the restriction...if you aren't, then you aren't so don't worry about the sign. Plus, as you said earlier, you aren't a truck you are a motorhome.

Thank you for the response I got to thinking buy the time I put the new steel bed on the truck weight wise I should be real close to there limit. Guess I wont worry about it. as far as how many of  the weight enforcement officers  we have around Wenatchee I haven't a clue. But when I have to drive a ratty old construction truck there seems to be one around every corner never fails or the scales are open. Yup when the scales are open it makes  me wonder what kind  of ticket I am going to get to day .Makes a person a little nervous. especially when one officer is carrying a clip board and the other is carrying a creeper. And states today is your lucky day its inspection day your our first victim. OH NO!!!!Panic sets in .Things start going threw my mind.  Did I perform a adequate pre flight   inspection. Is this truck going to get me thrown in jail . do I have my paper work in order .Did D.W put a sing on back of truck that states please arrest this guy ha. Officer comes to the window and states looks good you are good to go. Whew what a relief . Big fiver I sure do appreciate your help with keeping  us safe out there. Thank you for your service.

10 minutes ago, beyerjf said:

If I had a dollar....

For every sign indicating a weight or length limit, no trucks  blah blah blah, where it was absolutely the only way to get to the destination i would have been able to retire long ago. 

I have been making direct to site deliveries my entire trucking career. I see the signs. Lots of them are there for good reason. But there are also excellent reasons to ignore them.  Would you like this 60,000 lb portable stage delivered to the city park where there is a 5 ton limit or not? You tell the 25,000 people who have paid $150-300 per ticket for the concert that cannot happen unless I ignore the sign. How about the overweight portable boiler that is going to provide emergency heat to a hospital? Or the trucks that are delivering food, medical supplies or linens to the same hospital, who regularly drive past one of those weight limit signs. We deliver million dollar military simulators to National Guard and Army Reserve bases in residential zones all the time. 

I am guessing in this case you are passing the sign on your way to your domicile. Suppose you decided to add a nice garage with a concrete floor to keep that nice Volvo in. That concrete mixer would certainly be way over that limit. What happens then? No garage?

This is one of those huge gray areas. You have a legitimate reason to traverse that roadway. As long as it is legal to park that vehicle on your property they cannot deny you access to that property. What is really happening here is vehicles that don't have a destination anywhere along that roadway are using it, a short cut perhaps, or more likely with the advent of the ubiquitous GPS, truck drivers, using the car mode of the device are going down that road when they shouldn't. And the sign cannot spell out all the possibilities, hence citing the ordinance. 

To the folks on this site, I would recommend heeding the signs, knowing that there are times when you will have to ignore them. A few phone calls to local law enforcement, a little research on Google maps, information from the locals you are visiting are all good sources to determine whether your route is a problem. 

As far as having no garage because of not being able to get a concrete truck  on the property? This will not stop me. Break out the wheel barrows ha. Don't think I need to worry about this any more thanks for the help.

So who won the guess what my truck weighs contest?

2007 Volvo 780 Ultrashift Trailersaver Hitch
2017 Momentum 397th
3 Yamaha Banshees
2 Honda 400EX's
Polaris Outlaw 50

Polaris Outlaw 110 EFi                                                                                                                                                                                                                          2018 Polaris RZR S 1000 Stealth Black
2019 Polaris RZR S 1000 Titanium Matte Metal

2015 Polaris RZR S 900 VooDoo Blue

https://i.imgur.com/e0ajU8Pl.jpg

1 hour ago, runaway parents said:

OH Yes I forgot the contest drum role please survey says   Alie &Jims Carrilite with a guess of 20-22k truck actual weight of truck is 21007k:lol:

So my prize is a custom truck and RV wash with full wax and truck rims polished!  Right?  Right?  😉

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

F I F T Y years ago the family owned the Walton Ranch high up the S. Santiam pass in the Oregon Cascade'$ ......

The pass road hugged the South Santiam river and the family built and maintained the 67 ft 8 inch high by 10 ft wide by 92 ft 6 inch L O N G deck LOG stringer beam bridge......

The county, State , and the Forest Service all wanted to use the bridge but they all got together and had the state engineer send a formal letter to Grumps stating that he needed to place a sign at each end of the bridge stating the T E S T E D load limit and the normal load limit.....

Grumps grinned and hand lettered a sign on a couple of scarfed flat 4 ft x 10 ft Doug Fir logs that stated.......D9 CAT on Lowboy crossed bridge at 119,00 and bridge sagged about a foot. Normal birdge load, one fat man on a bicycle. PRIVATE BRIDGE - use at your own risk.

G O O D   L U C K.

State engineer never again ask Grumps to post anymore signs......

Drive on.......(ponder the sign ..... before crossing the bridge)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

10 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

So my prize is a custom truck and RV wash with full wax and truck rims polished!  Right?  Right?  😉

Sorry  to say . Dw found out about contest she said eh no I don't think so . But she has got some award winning  fire weed jelly she would throw in  .And if you role threw Wenatchee I would be more than glad to help you wash your truck. Sorry about the low budget contest

Archived