Let’s Discuss Harbor Freight

SuiteSuccess

1 hour ago, Pappy Yokum said:

"Bingo"!

You see LOTS of  Chinese tire  discussions - about the supposed "China Bombs". The Chinese are VERY capable of doing exactly what Steve posted - producing a product to the specs required.  Even Michelin has tire mfg facilities in China. (as they do in many countries)

Applies to - tools, tires, televisions, computers, (all types of electronics),  etc.

The buyer has to decide what he/she is comfortable with.  In some/many instances, few choices - it's going to be hecho en China.  it is what it is. 

BTW - many clips -long and short- on Youtube of various HF products. If it's a big dollar item, sometimes worth taking a look,

We went through something similar checking out a used embroidery machine we found on Craigslist, doing a little research the same model was made in both Sweden and China, if it was made in Sweden it was worth a lot, if made in China it had a really bad reputation. Same machine, same parts, same part and model number, two different countries of origin.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The company we had bought a lot of components from China.  Some were good some not.  Depends on the company.  Some cheat any way they can others provide a good product.  For some of the components the USA equivalent were 2-3 times more expensive.  Occasionally we could buy USA  componets competitively and we did that when possible.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

I purchased this under hoist safety stand a couple days ago. Its really sturdy but it took 3 grown men over an hour to assemble it. We are actually very satisfied for what it is and the price. The fuel pump went out in one of the farm pickup trucks so we had to drop the tank. This used in conjunction with a transmission jack made the job way easier.

https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/lifts-stands/2-ton-capacity-underhoist-safety-stand-61600.html

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

7 hours ago, jenandjon said:

The fuel pump went out in one of the farm pickup trucks so we had to drop the tank.

Meandering away from topic, but you know it's usually easier to remove the bed than to drop the tank?  S-I-L was going to cut an access hole in the bed, until I pointed out that the bed was held on by 6 bolts............

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

8 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

Meandering away from topic, but you know it's usually easier to remove the bed than to drop the tank?  S-I-L was going to cut an access hole in the bed, until I pointed out that the bed was held on by 6 bolts............

BTDT . Both lifting the bed and cut a hole in the bed ( different trucks ) , using tools and blades that I bought at HF . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

Na we put it up on the lift. 2 bolts and 2 hose clamps  drop the hydraulic tranny jack. Done. The hard part is lifting the tank 3 ft to the ground off the stand and back up to put it on the stand. A job done easier if I had used the fork lift but we had the brain farts that that day. This is on a 09 Dodge dually with a flat bed. Removing the bed would also require cleaning it off.

Now on old trucks like my sons 89 yea we chopped a hole in the bed then threw one of them cheesy plastic bed liners over it.

This is not so off topic because most of the tools used were from Harbor Freight. 😀 Except for the vehicle lift.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Archived