Green Bay to Phoenix

Twotoes

Go to Bing Maps or Google Maps for route - 1831 miles:

You shouldn't have any weather issues if driving it before Nov. 15.  Watch the reports and head more south if there are any issues.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

7 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

When are you traveling and where in the Phoenix area are you going?

I’m leaving WI on Monday 9/17 and going to Sun City AZ north west of Phoenix. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

You can come down and cut across Nebraska, then down to New Mexico, or take a more southern route but still go through the top of New Mexico.  I would probably avoid an extreme northern route unless there is things you really want to see up there on the way.  I have always enjoyed New Mexico.  

My BIL lives in Surprise AZ and we have made the trip numerous times over the years from Illinois.  Love that part of the country.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

22 minutes ago, Twotoes said:

I’m leaving WI on Monday 9/17 and going to Sun City AZ north west of Phoenix. 

What do you want to do on your way down?   Unless you have a definite date, take your time and stop and see things along the way.  Just about any route will be good, though I would not recommend crossing the Rockies  north of New Mexico/Arizona.   Early enough to take I-40 across New Mexico and then cut down at Winslow towards Mesa and then across.   Or continue on to Flagstaff and then come down.   I'd go for Winslow, but then we are heading for Mesa (in California now) so that is a better way for us.    If you have time, Palo Duro Canyon in the Panhandle of Texas is worth a few days - with a side visit to the Museum at West Texas A&M (part of the Texas A&M system).  They have some Georgia O'Keeffe paintings in the museum as she taught at the school for a time.  Also a great section on the Oil Industry in the panhandle.   

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

11 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

Unless you have a definite date, take your time and stop and see things along the way. 

Keep in mind that snow belt campgrounds pretty much close in October.

That said . . .

When we left Green Bay for AZ (in May mind you), we went west across WI instead of down 43 or 41 which you've probably seen too much of already.

We spend some time in Pepin, WI on the Mississippi. There's a great restaurant there - the Harbor Inn and Lake Pepin Campground nearby.

Also, instead of taking 70 or 80 west we took highway 36 west through Kansas and into Denver. Thoroughly enjoyable and off the slab.

Then 25 south through Colorado Springs, Trinidad, Santa Fe, and Albuquerque.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Or  how about west to see the Corn Palace in Mitchell SD, the Bailey Yard (railroad yard large size) in North Platte NE, Scots Bluff, NE. Slide south through Colorado. to New Mexico. Or turn west over US 50 for the Black Canyon NP then on to Moab and down through the Canyons to the Grand Canyon.

See what memories you have stirred up!

Good luck and do get south before the white stuff appears.

Bill

Bill & Lynn Baxter

MCI102A3 Conversion, Detroit Diesel S50  

dolphins.jpgVisitedStatesMap.jpgVisitedProvincesMap.jpg

Archived