CindyGil

Fredericksburg tx

Hello, I am new to this forum

Thanks, CindyI will be driving my travel trailer from Amarillo tx to Fredericksburg TX and would appreciate any travel tips and/or route info.

I will be driving my travel trailer from Amarillo tx to Fredericksburg TX

Cool, your trailer has an engine and doesn't need a tow vehicle.  😁

Seriously though, we have taken many trips from San Antonio to Lubbock and the route I would recommend is:

-- I-29 to Lubbock

-- US-84 to I-20, then a few miles east on I-20 to Sweetwater and south on SR-70.   US-84 is all 4 lane divided highway from Lubbock to I-20. 

The rest of the route is all good 2 lane hwy with paved shoulders.

--  SR-70 to Bronte where you pick up SR-158 to Ballinger.

-- In Ballinger, pick up US-83 to Eden where you take US-87, east and south to Fredericksburg.

All good road. 

An alternate route some people like is to pick up US-87 in Lubbock and follow it to Fredericksburg.

Another route would be to take US287 to Childress and then US62 to Paducah and US83 to Abilene and then US84 to US283/87 on into Fredricksberg. That is also a pretty good road if you have not traveled that way. A lot depends on what you want to do as the quickest and easiest route would be the I-29 route suggested first.