Tri pod for 5th wheel?

Phil Saran

Depends on your trailer, mainly the frame, and if what type of stability system you are using.  Some people like a firmer feel to the unit.  We have the 6 point level system and don't use it.  We had a 4 point level system on our 2005 Teton and didn't use it there either.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

When we purchased our first fiver (used) it was also our fist RV.  We went right out and bought a tripod.  We kept it through that fiver and another and used it whenever we were stationary for a week or more.  I really didn't need it on either fiver for stability.  We got used to using it as a secure place to lock our bicycles to plus at Christmas time we would string lights down it to make it look like a Christmas tree.  About the only other benefit for us was the fact someone couldn't just back up under the thing and steal it quickly.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

I saw them more as a personal preference item than a need. I never used one on either of my 5'ers, a very heavy 39 ft tri axle Teton and a light weight dual axle 35 ft toy hauler, both with standard suspension & levelers and never felt the need for any more stabilization.

Jim

You will get much more benefit out of something like a Steadyfast system than a tripod on a 5er.  I have used both and the Steadyfast system works much better in my opinion.  It is also always in p,ace and doesn’t take up valuable storage space while in transit.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

We have a 6 pt. auto level system and still carry one with us and use it depending on the "pull" on the front leveling/landing gear. If the site has the front legs on a long pull using the trip pod for sure helps. (We still put down the old factory rear stabilizers too 😎)

Sniper & Sweet P

Escapees 124743 H.O.C. 1371

Archived