CoPilot

NoDirectionHome

The RV Version covers the Height, 13'6" but it limited to weight.  When we had the Volvo, we used the Truck version.  With the Bounder we use the RV version.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

52 minutes ago, NoDirectionHome said:

Yeah wish this ran on a laptop instead of a tablet

There is a Laptop version.  But from what I could determine, the development of the Laptop version for RVs is halted but the Truck version is still being maintained.

I used the laptop version until the laptop died.  Two tablets were less than a new laptop.

Mark & Dale
www.dmbruss.com

I believe the RV Copilot version also has a length limit as well as the weight limit (26,000#).

Copilot Truck will NOT allow me to specify propane; only "Hazardous Gasses"'.

old I have a 5" Garmin dezl and two Rand McNally units (old RM RVND7710 and, installed as OEM software in my rig's infotainment system, RM 720. Rand McNally is, in my opinion, the worst of the GPS lot. Coplot and Garmin dezl are my preferred GPS solutions.

I am running copilot truck on my lap top. Installed about 4 months ago. Really buggy but they keep promising me fixes. I needed new maps which are good but just a chore to massage it to find sats. The previous 8 year old version was flawless.  I bought it from diesel boss and they willing provide phone support. good place to buy. they also have all kinds of HDT truck stuff. I would recommend them. JB

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

6 hours ago, bags said:

but just a chore to massage it to find sats.  JB

Just how do you massage it to find satellite?  That is the function of the GPS puck.

Mark & Dale
www.dmbruss.com

I found this :https://www.dieselboss.com/Travrout/cptruck.htm

It looks like the Truck Laptop version has come to an end like the RV Laptop version.

I switched from Laptop to Android when the laptop died.  The products are very similar.  The android version is 2/3 the price of the Laptop version but it looks like it is an annual fee now, or maybe just on IOS. 

I would get a tablet and run CoPilot android.  You don't need a GPS puck with a tablet.

Mark & Dale
www.dmbruss.com

On 9/15/2018 at 3:38 AM, Mark and Dale Bruss said:

Just how do you massage it to find satellite?  That is the function of the GPS puck.

Every time I start the program I have to tell it to find the drivers and then tell the program to find the sats. they say this a problem they are aware of and will fix sometime.

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

On the laptop, I used a US Globalsat BR_353 puck which was much better than the original LT20 from Delorme.  I used a software shim called GPSGate Splitter from a outfit called Franson Technology, now called GPSGate.  I change the BR-353 into ports that is was easier for CoPilot to find.  I also could connnect another program like Streets & Trips at the same time to the BR-353.

Mark & Dale
www.dmbruss.com

Archived