Toilet Problem-Too Small

dhuse

I've searched this blog but didn't find anything leading to an answer. In my '19 Winnebago 34T, a Thetford Style ll toilet (per the SKU, this equates to an Aqua Magic Style ll) came standard. The front of the bowl is too shallow. I'm sure there are other men who have or had this problem and I'm wondering if they have replaced their toilet with another and what that other toilet was/is. Thank you

Doug

Replace the junk Thetford with a Dometic Model 320 w/sprayer. It has an elongated bowl with a residential style rim. I have done this on our lat 2 5th wheels and wouldn't have it any other way. Cost around $200.00 if you do the very easy switch yourself depending on where you buy. Got my last one from pplmotorhomes.com. tweets.com is also good.

Fulltiming since September 1, 2010

2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW Lariat Crew Cab

2012 Montana 3585SA

When young I often wished that I were physically bigger but in submarine service, I discovered that sometimes the advantage is to we smaller folks. With RVing I found this to be true again and the bathrooms are one of the reasons.  Problems of this sort can be real stinkers!  

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 hour ago, 57becky said:

And if you do replace it with a Dometic 310 or 320, make sure you get the tall model, if there is an option for the standard height model.

x2

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

6 hours ago, 57becky said:

And if you do replace it with a Dometic 310 or 320, make sure you get the tall model, if there is an option for the standard height model.

By "tall" model, do you mean the 18" toilet?  Or is there a taller one than that?  

Sprayer or no sprayer?  I would worry about the sprayer hose popping off when driving and then water squirting all over the place one hooked up at an RV park...at least until I noticed the wet floor.

7 minutes ago, remoandiris said:

Sprayer or no sprayer?  I would worry about the sprayer hose popping off when driving and then water squirting all over the place one hooked up at an RV park...at least until I noticed the wet floor.

Evidently, you don't know how the sprayer works.  It is only pressurized when the valve is opened by foot.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

17 hours ago, remoandiris said:

By "tall" model, do you mean the 18" toilet?  Or is there a taller one than that?  

Yes, the 18" one.  We do not have the sprayer, but a sprayer could always be cut into the water line ahead of the toilet along with a valve for the sprayer and if desired, another valve could be installed ahead of everything if you are worried about it.  Just a few parts cut into the water line can make all this work.

• 2 weeks later...

We got spoiled by having a bidet in each elongated toilet in our 2015 house! I'd have to have one in any new RV.

BTW, More water is better not worse.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Not if you have to step on the pedal as said by one post. I always thought they were but never had one to try.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

• 2 years later...