Anyone had rear cap off a Teton

GlennWest

No guys, not wanting to remove mine. I'm curious if there is a space large enough in there to insert a PVC pipe to run refridgeant lines, signal wire and maybe drain. Not wanting to run down back of camper if there is another way. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

I have looked behind the plugs and phone jack inside the back cap and there is a lot of room there. In fact in ours there was an undersized piece of insulation just thrown in as if that helped.  Underneath the floor there is also some room.  The upper part of the rear cap looks much tighter but I haven't looked at that.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

Most of them aren't tight to the inner structure. Look to see if  the rear window appears recessed into the fiberglass.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Glenn, also try looking from the outside. I fished the camera wires through mine going from light to light. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Awning arm like on the other side of the Rv. Using just the arm assembly you could hide the plumbing lines behind it maybe.

I think getting the lines between the rear windows woul be a problem. I have a Teyon like you do.

Now how about boxing enough space on the interior wall in between the window and the slide. It would help hide the soft spot you had trouble with.

If you did it a thin as you need but long it may work. Then hide with decorative stuff..

Now I installed a counter on the left side as you enter the Rv. There is enough room between the slide and door to install a 12" cabinet. Made it out of cardboard at first. It seemed to be fine. So I bought a cabinet at Lowes and just sat it there with plywood on top. It still worked good so I finally installed oak plywood on the sides, installed an electric outlet in it at the bottom. And even fished a heating duct into the bottom facing the rear of the Rv. Then last year I made a corian counter top with storage spaces at the wall.

Just need to think a little.    Vern

Another thought.  I built a chase inside, framed with wood and covered with wainscoting.  That way can remove the cover to repair, add to, maintain, replace different things.  Intent is to run into a combiner box for solar, use it for wiring from basement too, and could use it for refrigerant lines I suppose.    Also, plan on using the cover to hold my TM or other displays needed for solar.

Marcel

Archived