2018 National HDT Rally, who is going to be there?

mr. cob

Howdy All,

Steve told me that for reasons of personal security they don't post a list of rally attendees anymore, I can understand some folks not wanting this information out there but I am assuming there are quite a few who like me don't care.  This will make the 5th year in a row that Newt, and I will be at the National, looking forward to meeting old friends and greeting new ones.  See ya there.

Dave and Newt

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Hello Mr. Cob,

New guy here. Signed up yesterday. I am real interested in talking with you about your ride.

I have been looking at HDTs for a while. My fav would be a pre emission KW900 studio sleeper or a 379 just like yours. However the turning angle and the fact that I have only seen one with an automated xmsn at a richie bros auction means that I probably should look at more realistic options however I have not given up yet!

Ben

A B Skates

1 minute ago, ABS said:

Hello Mr. Cob,

New guy here. Signed up yesterday. I am real interested in talking with you about your ride.

I have been looking at HDTs for a while. My fav would be a pre emission KW900 studio sleeper or a 379 just like yours. However the turning angle and the fact that I have only seen one with an automated xmsn at a richie bros auction means that I probably should look at more realistic options however I have not given up yet!

Ben

Howdy Ben,

I looked for over a year to find my Pete, I wanted a pre-emisions truck, and "AutoShift" transmission, at least 13 speed, I got luck mine is an 18 speed, with a single turbo, 6NZ 550 horse power C-15 Cat engine.  I was looking for either a KW900, or a Pete 379, that really narrowed down the options.  These type of trucks are out there, finding one in decent shape and at a reasonable price is HARD.  I just got lucky and had the cash on hand to grab one when I found it. 

If you find such a truck you had better be ready to buy they don't stay on the market long, I had a lot of help from members of this forum when it came to buying my truck, one of the members gave it a very close inspection, test drove it and sent me at least a 100 photos of the truck, his opinion and the photos convinced me to buy a plane ticket to check it out for myself. 

As to the turning angle, it sure isn't like the areo Freightliner that I just recently sold but the smile this thing puts on my face every time I drive it is well worth the extra care that must be taken when maneuvering it in tight places.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Sorry to hear that Jim. Who is going to help me if I need to move a dryer this year? You have stopped bleeding by now.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

On 9/13/2018 at 4:34 PM, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

I'm sure you can find another victim.... errr helper!

I was a witness to that victimization... uhh help. ;)

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

9 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

I was a witness to that victimization... uhh help. ;)

I gave him a band aid if I recall. And a beer. That covered the necessary medical treatment.

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

For those of you headed East after you leave the Rally, my home town is Pittsburg Kansas. There are some great places to eat or get some donuts. Chicken Annies, Mall Deli and Daylight Donuts. If you travel to Joplin there is a great Chrome shop / Truck stop on I - 44 and the national head quarters of Bass Pro Shop in Springfield Missouri.

Later,

Cory Ossana

6 hours ago, Vegas Teacher said:

For those of you headed East after you leave the Rally, my home town is Pittsburg Kansas. There are some great places to eat or get some donuts. Chicken Annies, Mall Deli and Daylight Donuts. If you travel to Joplin there is a great Chrome shop / Truck stop on I - 44 and the national head quarters of Bass Pro Shop in Springfield Missouri.

Later,

Cory Ossana

Howdy Cory,

I was just this afternoon at the chrome shop just outside of Joplin MO, had to pick up some more chrome and lights for the Peterbilt, folks do your self a favor DON’T stop at that shop they even have chrome for Volvo’s.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

10 minutes ago, Vegas Teacher said:

Confused here is that a bad thing LOL🤣

Howdy Cory,

I will follow Moms advice and say nothing.😀

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

On 9/10/2018 at 7:00 PM, rpsinc said:

I and my DW will be in attendance BUT we just sold our 5er, so gonna use local lodging this time.  Looking forward to meeting new people and taking a road trip, an unusual experience for us so far in our lives.

Coming from So Cal.  Any recommendations as to route to Rally??

Marcel

On 9/19/2018 at 4:16 PM, rpsinc said:

Coming from So Cal.  Any recommendations as to route to Rally??

I40 take a left at Tucumcari exit Mountain Road US54, follow US54 to Pratt and then K-61 to Hutch.      There is a short section of US50 that is a continuation of K-61 when you get back on K-61 north, take a left on 17Th street to Plum, right on Plum to 23Rd. Street/State Fair road make a left and the campgrounds are on the left past the curve.    

Steve

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

1 hour ago, Steve from SoCal said:

I40 take a left at Tucumcari exit Mountain Road US54, follow US54 to Pratt and then K-61 to Hutch.      There is a short section of US50 that is a continuation of K-61 when you get back on K-61 north, take a left on 17Th street to Plum, right on Plum to 23Rd. Street/State Fair road make a left and the campgrounds are on the left past the curve.    

Steve

Thanks.  Seems like you would know that route.  Bought a Teton yesterday in Tarzana.  Near you So Cal place.

Marcel

Danielle and I will be there....

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

9 hours ago, rpsinc said:

Thanks.  Seems like you would know that route.  Bought a Teton yesterday in Tarzana.  Near you So Cal place.

Congrats,

You towing it to Hutch?

I will have another open house while the rally is going, I look forward to seeing the usual suspects and meeting some new friends.

Steve 

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

Archived