Smart Car key

Lance A Lott

I had to order one from Mercedes.  I think it was around $300.  Ouch...……..

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

SOS Diagnostics in Portland Oregon has been mentioned on some of the smart car sites.  Can you find a local smart enthusiast with the software?   Call the AAA they may be able to put you on to an automotive locksmith.  For my model 450 I ordered a key from China for $20 had it cut at the hardware store and had my local smart guru use his software to program the car in about 10 minutes while it was in for other service.

Nigel

2006 Volvo VNL 430, 2006 smart cabrio cdi, 2000 Triple E Topaz 30'

8 hours ago, Lance A Lott said:

I bought a 2008 Smart yesterday and of course it only came with one key, Google gave a few options anyone with experience at getting one?

Howdy Lance,

I don't know any Smart Car "enthusiast with the software" I had to buy one from Mercedes, key and programing cost with sales tax cost me a bit over 300 bucks.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Archived