Why convert to single axle?

RJHILL

Two comments- one, when you say "stinger" I envision what a car carrier has, down low. Don't think that's legal for anything BUT a car hauler. Second, being in the northea$t , if I needed the weight capacity I'd remove the front driver & add a lift axle, tolls would pay for it.

You'd have to see the movie to understand..........

3 hours ago, GlennWest said:

I love your truck, but it would cause me grief. I'm challenged now to find parks close to my jobs that can accommodate us. 

Howdy Glenn,

Having a long rig comes at a price, that is a fact.  There is a price to everything its a decision we all must make based on what is important to our own situations and likes.  If I had to travel for work and live in campgrounds I would probably go with a 40 foot Class A motor-home, but even then if you had to tow a trailer of any size you would be in the same situation as having a long truck and trailer.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Archived