Seneca Lake recreation area, az

47 minutes ago, trailertraveler said:

If you are interested in boondocking, checkout the Arizona Public Trust Lands.  You can get a permit to camp for 14  days. Explore the website and view the maps

Trailertraveler, do you know which areas on the map indicate places one can camp?  From the legend, I'm assuming it's the "unleased parcels," but don't know for sure.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

24 minutes ago, LindaH said:

Trailertraveler, do you know which areas of the map indicate places one can camp?  From the legend, I'm assuming it's the "unleased parcels," but don't know for sure.

It has been a few years, but the last time I hunted and camped on the Trust Lands there were cattle grazing in many of the popular areas being used by myself and other permit holders. If a gate was closed, you just closed it again after passing through. If the area is marked with their standard signs that state a permit is required, I would not hesitate to enter provided I had a valid permit. The areas that I used around Florence and San Manuel, were all leased for grazing. There was one large lease where the lease holding rancher asked that you sign in and he gave you a key to locks on some of the gates on roads that went through his private property to the leased Trust Lands. That said if you have questions about a specific tract, I would call the lands office.

Archived