Applications

virginiasean

Not sure I understand the advantage of an app over websites. No one website/app will include all campgrounds/RV Parks. These are websites that I have found useful:

RV Park Reviews

Passport America

Allstays

RV Parky

Good Sam

Free Campsites

U.S. Campgrounds

National Forest Campground Guide

Ultimate Public Campground Project

Corps of Engineers Campgrounds

Days End

Reserve America

Recreation.Gov

One that I have not used much, but is often mentioned is Campendium.

If you are using a mapping program or GPS that will allow you to add Points of Interest (POIs), you can download campground location data from The POI Factory and the Discovery Owners Forum  so that it will show on your maps

Allstays is a great app that lists just about every RV park and campground. It has links to the campground website and to reviews. It also list low clearances, gas stations, Wallmarts, Cabellas, RV repair places, etc. You can filter what you want results for. It will also route you to the park using turn by turn directions using either Apple Maps or Google Maps.

If I was using just one it would be RV Park Reviews. But don't pay as much attention to the stars as you do the date and the comments. After all, if the data is old things may have changed and if reviewer has different needs than you do their review doesn't help much. I never needed a playground. :)

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Allstays is the most comprehensive. I check Campendium, Ultimate Public when Allstays doesn’t seem to have what I’m looking for. Campendium May be more useful for boondocking spots especially in the western states.

Tom and Mare

The Breeze RV

https://thebreezerv.wordpress.com

2002 National Sea Breeze

2004 Harley Electra Glide Classic

Archived