Getting service done

Vegas Teacher

Well took my 780 down to southern tire mart here in Vegas to get some work done on the cab airbags (no I am not a mechanic) I just did not feel like getting grease all over me or going through the frustration of working on my rig with out the all of  proper tools. I am having a mechanic figure out why my truck leans instead of throwing money at it, where it is not needed. I will say this for Southern Tire Mart here in Las Vegas, they are very nice, they love what I am doing with my truck. They see all of the professional drivers who need the truck back tomorrow or in 10 minutes. I took my truck in last night after the school day was over. I was wearing dress pants, coat and tie. The mechanic said I did not look like the typical driver. They always ask where I have gone, do I like driving the truck and where am i going next?

So they are working on my passenger side cab air bag to make sure it is attached correctly. They are also trying to find me a good deal on head lights, mine are very dim. Blue Beacon is next door so I will take it over for a bath when I am done there.

Later,

Cory O

If you're just looking for replacement housings, I'd recommend these: http://www.advantagetruckparts.com/volvo-truck-parts/set-of-volvo-vnl-headlights-82329127-82329124/

They're comparable to new Volvo ones, but a lot cheaper.  There are others out there, but they're hit-or-miss at best, and sometimes not upgradeable (often with projectors that would leave you scratching your head as to how they manage to reflect any light at all).  Many, many vendors, including some Volvo dealers, make use of Volvo part numbers in listings and are ambiguous about the real source of their housings.  In other words, there are plenty of fakes being represented as the real deal.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

Archived