Special option on our truck.

Pete Kildow

Out 1995 Kenworth T600 has a supper special option. Allows you to eject anyone in the pass seat. So take that Special friend. Or that in-law for a ride of there life. 

Push the button to roll down the pass Window. And the door pops open.  😱 yes just let them forget the seatbelt. And just a push, there gone for a roll down Memory lane.👨‍🔬

When the window gets down to the rod that opens the door from the outside. It hits the clip, pushing down the rod. Then the door flies open. When we bought the truck, the pass door would not open from the outside. So I fixed it last fall. Had not tried the window after that. Today ran the truck, and pushed pass window switch. And at 60 MPH the   door opened. 💨 Sure makes for a rude awakening for sure. Glad I was the only one in the truck.

Guess I will try to find a picture of how the linkage all fits. Guessing someone may have had it apart. And it was doing it to them. So they left it where the door would not open from the outside.

If anyone else has had this issue. Will for sure take any advice. Or rent the truck out for that special drive. HAHA 

event.png

Archived