LED lights rear of TT

I'm looking to add some LED lights brake and turn signals to the upper rear of my TT for added visibility.  Any suggestions on wiring? My bike rack reduces the visibility of my stock lights

Also thinking of adding a rear camera any suggestions on model and mounting would be appreciated 

my TT is a Apex RBS

thanks

LED brake/tail lights could be wired into the OEM lights. Rear view camera, IMO wireless is the way to go; I have a  Voyager system that works fine on our 40' MH, it does require 12V pos and neg for camera power, the monitor uses a cigar lighter plug for power.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Of course, simple parallel wiring up to the new LED lights works DUH. HOWEVER how to find and route the new wires up top I can't say, it depends on your TT and it can be a real pain (drilling holes, grounds, waterproofing, routing) grrrrrrrrrrr. If you can find surface mount fixtures (tail and brake/turn) for up top, that and a hole is an easy start, but wire routing ????? I bought some combo (Tail and Brake/Turn) LED surface mount ovals on Flea bay with three wires (Ground, Tail, Brake/Turn) so all I needed was a hole in the middle for the wires which I mounted with Stainless Steel self drillers into the sheet metal. 

That being said, on some vehicles with old style bi metal heating type flashers (unlike modern electronic units) if you replace old incandescent (like say 1157) bulbs with LED they don't draw enough current  to operate the flashers.

If you do this I'd recommend you go ahead and replace ALL the old existing incandescent with LED's and you may or may not need new flashers. 

I buy my LED's on Flea Bay and bought my wireless rear view camera there (works great, a simple cheap one).  It's one of those that mounts on top the license plate holder so I drilled a hole near the top center of my RV and mounted it there instead, but I had to run 12 volts to it while the up front screen powers via the cigarette lighter port. I mounted the screen on my rear view mirror which is also fine. 

Sorry no specific help as your TT dictates that.

John T

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2019 at 8:50 PM, Kirk W said:

Have you used any of the cameras from Haloview ? They have quite a lineup. 

I'm a staff from Haloview, I just want to recommend small price but high quality product to people on this forum. Although there are much brands of rear view camera on the aftermarket, not all of them are selling an affordable and reliable camera system except us. Since we have excellent pre-sale and after-sale customer service, you can read the reviews on our Amazon store. Please let me know if anyone want to purchase camera from us, I can offer some coupon to you.

• 2 months later...
On 3/11/2019 at 1:06 AM, jay said:

I'm a staff from Haloview, I just want to recommend small price but high quality product to people on this forum. Although there are much brands of rear view camera on the aftermarket, not all of them are selling an affordable and reliable camera system except us. Since we have excellent pre-sale and after-sale customer service, you can read the reviews on our Amazon store. Please let me know if anyone want to purchase camera from us, I can offer some coupon to you.

Thanks Jay I will check out your website