Repairing a wall on a Teton

GlennWest

Well, I let work get in the way of proper upkeep and got a leak. The opening for the large slide out towards the rear is soft. Seems water was coming by the trim. Found it washing unit Saturday. Trim had about a 1/8" gap. Wood it attached to rotted. It's not a large area. Damage is down about 3 feet from top of slide opening. Solid above and at Wayne's coat trim. Question for y'all, is this something I can repair without removing slide. Thinking running in slide halfway and have some working space. If not, I would have to take to shop. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

It should be rapairable with not removing the slide. It will be frustrating to work in a small area. But patience is needed.

If the paneling is bad you could remove the interior wall in the closet for matching material. It may be more than you think as you investigate . Now I have used a wood hardner for spots that are questionable. It can be found at homedepot.

I have also use the liquid part of Fiberglas thins down so it will soak in soft spots. So if he end a board is a problem that is where a hardening product will help.

And patience.

Most dealers I think would not do it or charge quit a price.

Vern

Been studying on it today. Itching to get at it. Rains about every day here now and need to wait for dryer weather. Have good solid area above and below so shouldn't be a problem to anchor to. Had not thought about salvaging from closet area. Thank you. Actually embarrassed about it. Had no sign of leaking. Seal looked good. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Archived