Dometic 2652 not trying to cool gas or electric

RVRQ

Hello, I am new to the website. Recently bought a 2007 STARCRAFT trailer with the above fridge /freezer in it. The fridge is now not working. I checked the voltages to the lower board and am getting both 110 and 12 DC. The weird thing is when I turn on the fridge I get the light inside the fridge to turn on, after about 5 seconds one of the relays on the board click and the light goes out and I get a week pulsing 6 volts out of the board to the light and the "check" indicator light comes on. The fridge doesn't try to ignite for gas operation and/or there is no power sent to the heater element for electric operation. I am assuming a problem with the control board but wanted to check here for any other theories. 

Thanks for any help 

Welcome to the Escapee forums!

My first suggestion is that you go to the Bryant RV Service website and download a copy of the RM2652 service manual and follow it to do more troubleshooting. The information you have given is not enough to do more than just guessing at what may be happening. Troubleshooting by changing parts could get very expensive quickly as any circuit board that you buy will not be returnable if the package has been opened. And keep in mind that your refrigerator is now 11 years old so it may well be near the end of useful life and reliability could be poor even after you spend a lot of money on it. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Just a quick thought would be to make sure the battery is charging at 13 volts or there about.

Then make sure any disconnect switch is turned on.

Now I would almost bet the battery is not connected. Second thing is when you see 6 Vdc then the converter is bad.

Try turning the converter off and hook a battery charger to the battery and make sure the battery is in the system.

Just a quick thought,.    Vern

44 minutes ago, Wrknrvr said:

Now I would almost bet the battery is not connected. ....Second thing is when you see 6 Vdc then the converter is bad.

A very good point. A bad battery could very well cause the symptom. Have you tested any other appliances to see if they work, like the furnace which also requires a good 12V supply? The thing Vern is getting at is that an RV refrigerator will not work in any mode if it doesn't have a good 12V supply.k

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 hour ago, Wrknrvr said:

Just a quick thought would be to make sure the battery is charging at 13 volts or there about.

Then make sure any disconnect switch is turned on.

Now I would almost bet the battery is not connected. Second thing is when you see 6 Vdc then the converter is bad.

Try turning the converter off and hook a battery charger to the battery and make sure the battery is in the system.

Just a quick thought,.    Vern

I have 12 volts to the board and at the 3 amp fuse. Coming out of the board changes to a pulsing 6 volts. 

Archived