Honda eu7000 with 50 amp hookup

kstalvey

I just purchased a 2019 5th. wheel that has 50 amp service. It has 2 a/c's and fully loaded. I am upgrading generators. I am planning on buying a Honda eu7000 to power the trailer. My question is this.... I have a four prong to 50 amp adaptor for the generator. Can I run the generator on 240 or does it stay on 120?

Welcome to the Escapee forums. I hope that you did watch the above-mentioned video as it may help you to understand. It is also important to realize that neither of the RV plugs that were in that video will connect to the generator you are looking at, directly. 

plug_image12.jpg                        plug_image14.jpg

Each one of these requires the use of an adapter that isn't mentioned in that video and they aren't readily available in RV supply stores.  It is also important to realize that this generator weighs 262#.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Kirk's mention of weight should be an alert......to do more research on exactly what generator you really want / need.

(IMO)  the generator you mention is "overkill' for your needs - - also, *if* you continue with that model - where will you carry it?

Also consider noise levels. You may have lots of power available - but prohibited from using it during certain hours.

Suggest you do LOTS more investigation of your generator "options" before you make a purchase.  The  *Tech Issues* forum on RV Net has "everything generator", and may be another good source of/for information..

5 hours ago, Pappy Yokum said:

Kirk's mention of weight should be an alert......to do more research on exactly what generator you really want / need.

(IMO)  the generator you mention is "overkill' for your needs - - also, *if* you continue with that model - where will you carry it?

Also consider noise levels. You may have lots of power available - but prohibited from using it during certain hours.

Suggest you do LOTS more investigation of your generator "options" before you make a purchase.  The  *Tech Issues* forum on RV Net has "everything generator", and may be another good source of/for information..

Overkill? In my experience, there is no such thing as too much power, whether its a genset or a tow vehicle. Often one finds themselves with not enough power, but I can't ever remember complaining about too much power. 

Re: noise levels.. The Honda EU line is the worldwide class leader in noise levels and reliability, with the 7000 specifically at 53 (eco) and 58 (full) db.

You need one of these

https://www.amazon.com/PROLINE-Locking-Female-Adapter-Generator/dp/B073XRZTC4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1535920466&sr=8-3&keywords=generator+to+rv+50+amp+adapter

your gen then can connect to 50amp rv cord.The honda gen is a quiet unit that shouldn't disturb others.

You run gen on 220 volt setting via adapter to 50amp rv plug.I then switch mine (Yamaha 6300ISDE) to economy mode.You then can power everything in rv at same time.

71XdNW5cHvL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Lafitte

I always keep a supply of stimulant handy in case I see a snake----which I also keep handy.
2012 Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7L CCLWB
2019 Airstream 25FB

VisitedStatesMap.jpg

• 3 years later...

Problem is the the largest receptacle on the generator has a 30 amp breaker.... so max you will get is approx 3,600 KW before the breaker trips. (assuming everything on your RV is 110 v.    30amp x 120v = 3,600 kw. ) . This is from one cord. You could run another cord to get more power from the generator, but you would have to separate out some circuits and make another cord which is really a pain.

17 hours ago, J Willard said:

Problem is the the largest receptacle on the generator has a 30 amp breaker.... so max you will get is approx 3,600 KW before the breaker trips. (assuming everything on your RV is 110 v.    30amp x 120v = 3,600 kw. ) . This is from one cord. You could run another cord to get more power from the generator, but you would have to separate out some circuits and make another cord which is really a pain.

The generator has a 30 amp 120/240 volt output, ie 2 legs at 30 amps.  Not what you get with a true 50 amp 120/240V connection, but a total of 60 amps at 120v, rather than 100.  The right most receptacle combined with the adapter Lafitte suggested will do the trick as long as you keep the load on each side below 30 amps..

150150.jpg.30f49e1e712c4af11a1e8f523a24f5d1.jpg

Travel photos RV Blogs Journals & Travelogues at:
http://www.lakeshoreimages.com
My Travel Blog - Jon's Journeys

• 2 weeks later...