Fantastic fans and rain sensors

Jimalberta

Howdy. Our fans are starting to act up....hit and miss operation. Im suspecting the rain sensors. Has anyone else experienced this?

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

6 minutes ago, Jimalberta said:

Howdy. Our fans are starting to act up....hit and miss operation. Im suspecting the rain sensors. Has anyone else experienced this?

Not to ask the obvious has it been raining or has the humidity been very high when the problem has occured?

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Ours has never failed, can't answer.

Off topic; FWIW Fantastic Fan covers have a lifetime warranty. Call their phone number to request a replacement, shipping extra though.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

If the fan will not open and it has a wall switch with contacts. Move the points in the switch to see it it operates. I just sand the points with 1000 grit sand paper.

Now if the lid opens but the fan will not come on it most likely the plunger switch on the outside. It is the ground side of the motor. Push it up and down and maybe rotate it.

Hope this helps,.   Vern

It might just be the wall switch I dunno but when you push the switch to on sometimes it will work and sometimes it just sits there doing nothing. Once in a while it will raise the lid , start the fan and then just shut down.

and no it has not been raining.

our bathroom fan is one where you have to raise the lid by hand andthen turn on a switch to run the fan. The fan does not run anymore. I will have to remove it and check it all out.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

4 hours ago, Jimalberta said:

It might just be the wall switch I dunno but when you push the switch to on sometimes it will work and sometimes it just sits there doing nothing. Once in a while it will raise the lid , start the fan and then just shut down.

and no it has not been raining.

our bathroom fan is one where you have to raise the lid by hand andthen turn on a switch to run the fan. The fan does not run anymore. I will have to remove it and check it all out.

One of our fans began acting like your first paragraph, turned out the be the wall thermostat.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 1 month later...

Archived