DishHD with 1000.2 LNB and a 2nd receiver

I have a DishHD dish with a 1000.2 Eastern Arc LNB. The LNB is a Dish Pro Plus Twin Eastern Arc LNB.   I'm using a Wally on the first port and want to connect a 2nd receiver.  Tried to use the second port on the LNB.  No luck.  Can't find much info about a 2nd receiver.  Has to be a simple fix.  Anyone had any success with 2 receivers and this LNB?

Jerry and Joan

2014 Ford F350 with 6.7 turbo, TrailerSaver

2014 40' Heartland Gateway Fifth wheel

iLoveRVlife.com

What receiver do you have for the second TV? A Wally or VIP series like the 211's should work fine from the second or third port on a DPP LNBF. Only the input port won't work. When I was running a 211k, I fed a second 211 from an empty port for a neighbor on several occasions with no problems.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Well the first step in trouble shooting would be to connect the second receiver on the first cable. And like wise the Wally on the second port.

To be sure, the ports are from left to right facing the connectors.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

7 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

What receiver do you have for the second TV? A Wally or VIP series like the 211's should work fine from the second or third port on a DPP LNBF. Only the input port won't work. When I was running a 211k, I fed a second 211 from an empty port for a neighbor on several occasions with no problems.

Hi Dutch.  Wally port 1 and 211z port 2.  Thanks for confirming it works.  You'll appreciate this!  Took a long coax to bypass RV wiring.  Nope.  Swapped receivers. Nope.  Called Dish.  Got Advanced Technical Support in Phoenix.  Woo hoo...I think.  Was told Wally and 211 have different software and LNB switch won't work.  Ok, grabbed a Wally to test. Nope.  Called Dish again.  Same technical group.  Hey, your LNB port 2 is bad.  Dang it!  Amazon and $22.  We'll try again Thursday.  Not my first rodeo, but man it can be a mess some times.  Now....where's those Coronas.

6 hours ago, Mark and Dale Bruss said:

Well the first step in trouble shooting would be to connect the second receiver on the first cable. And like wise the Wally on the second port.

To be sure, the ports are from left to right facing the connectors.

oth work like a dream on port 1.  So it shouldn't be a receiver issue.  Putting new ends on  the new coax today and trying again.  This should  be a no brainer.  It doesn't matter how many times you've been to the rodeo, it's always something.  

Jerry and Joan

iLoveRVlife.com

On 8/24/2018 at 7:29 PM, Dutch_12078 said:

Try port 3...

I did.  No luck.  Supposedly this port is used to connect to another LNB.  New LNB came in today.  Both ports work.  The switch just wouldn't work on 2nd port of the original LNB.  Now that was fun 😉

Jerry and Joan

iLoveRVlife.com

4 hours ago, Mark and Dale Bruss said:

If there were only 3 coax connections, then the LNBF was a Hubrid.

Yeah, that was confusing, since he said in the OP that it was a DPP...

Dutch

6 hours ago, Mark and Dale Bruss said:

If there were only 3 coax connections, then the LNBF was a Hubrid.

I thought the Eastern Arc 1000.2 dish had three coax connections, one for each lnb and one more for connecting an external dish.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

The WA Hybrid LNBFs also only have three coax connectors.  Two for receivers and one for an extension cable.  

There is a multiplexor switch in the LNBF head. None of the coax connectors have a direct relationship with any of the LMBF units.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

2 hours ago, Mark and Dale Bruss said:

The WA Hybrid LNBFs also only have three coax connectors.  Two for receivers and one for an extension cable.  

There is a multiplexor switch in the LNBF head. None of the coax connectors have a direct relationship with any of the LMBF units.

The OP specifically states that he has an EA 1000.2 dish.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

3 hours ago, chirakawa said:

The OP specifically states that he has an EA 1000.2 dish.

Yes, and I forgot that the 1000.2 EA DPP LNBF is limited to just two sats and three ports, two out and one in. I've gotten too used to my 1000.4 triple sat EA DPP LNBF with four ports, I guess.

Dutch

Archived