Forum Behavior

SWharton

Jim,

Reese makes the hitches for these. But they are Andersen style if you will. the last couple of years saw me get a lifted, loud, custom wheeled 2006 short bed Ram diesel that just didn't ride smoothly when used as a car. I sold it an it took a year to find exactly the truck I wanted. A 2004 1/2 long bed Ram diesel crew cab style. It had 125k miles on it and a Reese fifth wheel hitch in the bed. That 2006 had only a gooseneck ball in it and I found the Andersen used but never installed fof $200. So that saved me a lot. I love the Andersen type hitch.

So when the folks delivered our 2013 Scamp, we also took the rails and bolts out and the Hitch came with it. Since I already had a Reese set of rails in the truck for the regular fifth wheel hitch, just for spits and grins we tried installing the Scamp hitch on my existing rails. Perfect fit! I would never have guessed. So Reese owners can get the Scamp type hitch and buy the Andersen pin adapter only, and have both.

This Scamp had been raised to accommodate today's truck heights. But no way did it look like it would clear the sides of the bed or ride level, or turn without the tru k bumper hitting the Scamp's front bumper rack. The dang thing hitched up lever, and jackknifed more than 90° too!

Here are Pics. The Scamp and hitch are 2013 from Arizona. So no rust or mildew. The rails in the truck are 2004/5 from Louisiana. We'll be using these storage boxes from HD between the hitch and front of the bed to hold our overflow from the trailer, and they will be locked and cabled in: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-23-in-50-Gal-Mobile-Tool-Box-037025H/202300294?MERCH=REC-_-PIPHorizontal1_rr-_-300875799-_-202300294-_-N

wmu9h5kl.jpg "border=0
m3zZPvb.pngClick For Full-Size Image.

q6S5ncTl.jpg "border=0

qd4wxHul.jpg "border=0

Those are my old rails with the new to us Scamp hitch on them. That long bed Ram diesel is a tall truck, yet the Scamp rides level. I need to spray trim adhesive on the Reese sticker that is curling off.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Thanks, I will. We also did beds on page one.

On topic, I use Firefox now and don't use any of those features. I just log in, Check the four or five forums I'm interested in and check the topic list in each. So I don't have a dog in that fight. However, I do have a dog lying at my feet.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived