bja1234

Dometic rm 1350 door seals obsolete

We have a Norcold and seals are molded into the door so cannot be replaced.  We did get luck and knew someone who was having a new frig installed, they had a newer same model frig and nothing wrong with their seals.  They asked to keep the doors when techs put new in, and we just slid our decorative wood panels out of our doors, put their old doors with our panels on our frig for newer, better seals.   Are your seals even replaceable?

On 8/21/2018 at 2:11 PM, bja1234 said:

Mine are getting cracked.  What are my choices?   Thanks

How old is your unit?  Dometic warranty is 2 years....we had ours replaced under warranty.  They need to send new doors as the seals are not replaceable and a "certified Dometic tech" needs to do the work.  There is a problem with the light switch in the door mechanism which catches the seals as you open the doors and tears them.  For some reason they did not offer a "recall".