EZ-Pass or I-Pass Information

FL-JOE

We currently have an I-Pass account.  It is accepted in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, a couple other states, and soon parts of Florida.  We have two vehicles registered on one transponder and move it back and forth.  When I entered the information for the RV there was no place to really put in the trailer I pull, so I just put down my MH was 5 axle instead of 3.  My question is should I have just registered the number of axles that my MH actually has and ignored the fact I always pull the 2 axle trailer?  

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

9 minutes ago, FL-JOE said:

My question is should I have just registered the number of axles that my MH actually has and ignored the fact I always pull the 2 axle trailer?  

Contact Us

33478dc0-598e-44aa-bbb2-b23e4b16bf12?t=1 

(800) UC-IPASS
(800) 824-7277

Hours:
Weekdays: 6 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Weekends: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

I would ask the customer center.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thanks Kirk.  I looked over their site and knew I could call them.  Just didn't want to sit on hold and deal with all that if someone else on here had the answer.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

With the plate readers be used at some exits instead of transponders and also taking pictures if your transponder is not read the last tag of the combination is needed.

1999 Dodge QuadCab Diesel

2005 DesertFox 28KS

The toy is the wife's sewing machines

1992 Dodge Roadtrek 190 Versitile

"...traveled the same road as many..."

Your I-Pass is recognized in all 15 E-ZPass states, and only the axle count for the base vehicle is normally listed on the transponder registration. If the photo reader reads the trailer tag and not the transponder, the system looks it up in the issuing state's DMV system to find where to send the bill, just as they do for vehicles without transponders.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Last week we came across (EB) Illinois, Indiana, Ohio on I-80/I-90.  Our I-pass transponder was hit 3 times.  We had the MH pulling the trailer.  The 3 charges were on our account, about $12.00 total.  

Yesterday I went back into my account to change the profile of my MH from 5 axle to 3 axle.  A message came up to call customer service and it would not let me change.  So, I may not be able to avoid the dreaded call after all.....

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

"E-ZPass" is an electronic tolling transponder used in 15 states. I don't know what "Easy Tag" is...

EZ Tag is one of the several electronic toll payment systems in use in TX.  All are compatible throughout the state, but they are separately administered by their respective regions.  

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

7 hours ago, docj said:

All are compatible throughout the state, but they are separately administered by their respective regions.  

There is also the TX Tag in Texas and it is good throughout TX, OK, and KS.

8 hours ago, docj said:

EZ Tag is one of the several electronic toll payment systems in use in TX.  All are compatible throughout the state, but they are separately administered by their respective regions.  

Ahh! Thanks, Joel. I'm obviously not familiar with the TX toll collection systems. I'll be glad when the overdue federally mandated universal toll system is in place so we don't have all these different systems to deal with in our travels.

Dutch

3 minutes ago, Dutch_12078 said:

I'll be glad when the overdue federally mandated universal toll system is in place so we don't have all these different systems to deal with in our travels.

Is such a universal system in process?

6 minutes ago, Kirk Wood said:

Is such a universal system in process?

Sort of... The "MAP-21" (Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act) passed in 2012 called for nationwide toll system interoperability by 2016 for federally funded roads and bridges, but obviously that hasn't happened. Here's a pretty good article from Wired Magazine explaining the problems:

https://www.wired.com/story/national-tolling-system/

Dutch

Archived