AZ Motor Stalled

We went to take down our satellite this morning and the monitor says "AZ Motor Stalled". We have had all summer very bad thunder and lightning storms. We took it down manually as far as we could, we couldn't adjust the skew so the sat is about 6" higher than normal, we are only traveling on interstates today so that is OK. I have unplugged the monitor to reboot it but that hasn't helped. Any ideas on how we can resolve this once in camp tonight?

We have a Winegard Traveler................

Thanks.

You might luck out and and with a power reset, the mechanism will come back.  Worked once for us.

The probability is that the turret needs to be sent to Winegard for a rebuild.  That is what we did.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Between the turret being at Winegard, and being in the east and wanting EA satellite, hod to put the tripod up 22 times so far.

Mark & Dale
www.dmbruss.com

Not sure.  We had it sent ahead to a place we were going to.  I am guessing it was about a week.

Mark & Dale
www.dmbruss.com

Good news!!! I called Winegard yesterday and they asked to be sent proof of purchase. I emailed our receipt to them. Today Winegard called and will replace the turret free, I just need to pay shipping one way. I believe we were out of warranty, not sure what the warranty is but we were at 25 months.

I had heard many negatives about Winegard but I am very happy with them right now.

Good customer service.......................

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I can't agree more, we just had the dreaded "no voltage at LNB" message.  I called Winegard shortly after, they gave me suggestions for trouble shooting and started a case number for me.  I tried their suggestions and we were up and running in no time!  GREAT customer service IMHO.

Dan

LDSP.jpg

7 hours ago, SWharton said:

Good news!!! I called Winegard yesterday and they asked to be sent proof of purchase. I emailed our receipt to them. Today Winegard called and will replace the turret free, I just need to pay shipping one way. I believe we were out of warranty, not sure what the warranty is but we were at 25 months.

I had heard many negatives about Winegard but I am very happy with them right now.

Good customer service.......................

We had the same experience, about 26 months, out of warranty.  We agreed to the rebuild fee and then received a phone call that the rebuild was being handled as a warranty repair.

I wonder, maybe there was a bad batch of Trav'lers?  The one on the trailer is 8 years old and no problems.

Mark & Dale
www.dmbruss.com

I don't know about a bad batch but I am happy. Since both our ours are about the same age possibly. We are heading into Livingston to have some work done on our rig and the list for West just gets longer and longer. I no longer like to go up on the roof unless necessary so will pay the $$.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived