Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MsChrissi

Red Flyer's Elevator

Recommended Posts

We are asked about the elevator on Red Flyer.

Here is a link to the web pages that cover it plus video of it in operation:

http://www.cozygirrrl.com/redflyer/elevator.htm

When we have more time we will try to upload technical details. It is quite simple, safe and robust.

The weakest link can support a minimum of 1000 lbs.

Note: for some reason the movies do not appear on MS Explorer, or at least m version of it. Get a real browser =)

 

Edited by MsChrissi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Hero, it has been fun. We see the same folks year after year at the two air shows we attend so we have plenty of people watching the progress, now we almost feel obligated to have something new added each year =)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MsChrissi once I hit the road fulltime, I am heading to where ever y'all are. I've watched this build since day one and I just have to see it in person. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MsChrissi said:

When it is all done we'll go to the rally in Kansas 😃

 

Let me extend an invite to Tennessee also (East Coast Rally).  We’d love to have you come. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far we venture out on two trips per year, one to mid Florida in the Spring and one to Wisconsin late Summer. Future adventures may be to the Reno air races via Colorado Springs and possibly a trip to Cape Cod. Not retired enough yet =)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MsChrissi said:

So far we venture out on two trips per year, one to mid Florida in the Spring and one to Wisconsin late Summer. Future adventures may be to the Reno air races via Colorado Springs and possibly a trip to Cape Cod. Not retired enough yet 😃

 

Where do you stay at Airventure?  We are there for 10 days every year.  My wife and I volunteer at the Ultralight field, and camp across the street from the barn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Av8r3400 said:

Where do you stay at Airventure?  We are there for 10 days every year.  My wife and I volunteer at the Ultralight field, and camp across the street from the barn.

We are usually on N Dolittle, behind the giant inflatable movie screen for two weeks. The week before the show Randi serves in the chow hall so you may have seen her and then in her off hours helps me set up the Homebuilders Workshop. During the show we are both in the Homebuilders Workshop teaching and talking about composites, there is a Cozy project underway there. We tend to get welded into the workshop and find it hard to get out of there =) You know how it gets during the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Let me extend an invite to Tennessee also (East Coast Rally).  We’d love to have you come. 

Where in TN? TN is one of those places we pass through but rarely stop though sometimes have overnighted in the NB rest area of Monteagle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MsChrissi said:

Where in TN? TN is one of those places we pass through but rarely stop though sometimes have overnighted in the NB rest area of Monteagle.

Crossville, TN halfway between Knoxville and Nashville on I 40.  ECR is late April.  Usually about 60-70 rigs.  We’d love to have you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lance A Lott said:

I have been planing something like this to load hay on the roof of my horse trailer.

quite easy to do, you could do it all externally.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check back...There is what is colloquially known as the "Pre-rally" which attracts the usual suspects 2 to 4 weeks prior to the real rally. Welcome !!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, adept99 said:

Check back...There is what is colloquially known as the "Pre-rally" which attracts the usual suspects 2 to 4 weeks prior to the real rally. Welcome !!

 

Okay, I'll bite, where in Crossville is the rally?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

RVers Online University

campgroundviews.com

Our program provides accurate individual wheel weights for your RV, toad, and tow vehicle, and will help you trim the pounds if you need to.

Rv Share

Dish For My RV.

Find out more or sign up for Escapees RV'ers Bootcamp.

Advertise your product or service here.



×