Replacing carpet with tile

PAylor

Hi,

We have tile in our entire fifth wheel except on one of the living room slides.  

We also have a senior dog who is deaf and has a bit of doggie dementia.  We are loosing the battle of preserving the carpet (of course that's the only place he likes to pee!).  We want to replace the carpet with tile.  We have done research, found a few Youtube videos and think it's a project we can tackle.  

We'd love to hear from anyone who have done it. I also have concerns about anchoring the recliner stadium seating on that side (hubby says he's got a plan but I'm dubious).

Any input is appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

We had carpet in the LR and the bedroom. We tore both out, also the bathroom tile so that it would be all the same. The carpet was easy to remove but the tile in the bathroom was hard. We had to use a hair dryer to soften it up and use putty knives. We bought 16 x 16 vinyl tiles from Home Depot. Luckily, we were able to use the previous lines in the bathroom so that the tile was laid straight. It was hard on the knees but easy to do. We have never done anything like that. This pic was taken before the trim edge was installed. 

1422740819634.jpg

Jan & Thomas

2012 Drv Mobile Suite 5'r

2012 Ford F350 Super Duty

When I do ours next summer I'm going to use laminate floors planks. The slide in the living area will remain carpet, I haven't figutred out a way to end the flooring in the slide were it meets the main floor but still thinking about it. 

Denny 

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

• 2 weeks later...

Archived