Texas Inspection Question on Renewal

SWharton

11 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

TX does also. It is where you get your driver's license.

Texas DMV has nothing to do with driver's license.  DPS administers that.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

14 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

TX does also. It is where you get your driver's license. 

Kirk, you get your drivers license from DPS, not the DMV. It is rare that anyone in Texas would actually visit a DMV office. There are only 15-20 regional DMV offices statewide. 

License plates/vehicle registration, as you mentioned, are handled through the County Tax Assessors offices with the county collecting their taxes, along with the States share. 

EDIT: Oops, I stopped reading at the end of page 1. I didn't see Chirakawa's post. He beat me to it by a few hours 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

12 hours ago, chirakawa said:

Texas DMV has nothing to do with driver's license.  DPS administers that.

Captured by the acronym police!   👨‍✈️  Sorry officer, I made a small mistake.   😢

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

DPS                    Department of Public Safety

DMV                  Department of Motor Vehicles

While those are pretty standard names, they are not the same in all states and the organizations included in them also vary, but it is true that they are the more common terms.  Wikipedia says:

In the United States, a department of Public Safety is a state or local government agency which often has a broad portfolio of responsibilities, which may include some or all of the following:

In the United States, a department of motor vehicles (DMV) is a state-level government agency that administers vehicle registration and driver licensing. Similar departments exist in Canada under different names. The name "DMV" is not used in every state or area, nor are the traditional DMV functions handled by a single agency in every state, but the generic term is universally understood, particularly in the context of driver's license issuance and renew

While those are commonly used terms, there are several states that have a single agency that combines the functions of both. Examples, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas....  etc.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived