Which state has worst infrastructure? froms USA Today

SWharton

I wonder if that study considered the number of miles of roads, number of bridges, and number of dams in each state as they rated them? For example, how many dams are in FL and how many miles of highways, as compared to TX for example? Another point is in the amount spent on highways per driver where WY spends $1,241/driver but they are a large state with the lowest population of any. While some of the states at either end of the list didn't surprise me, there were some at each end that did surprise me as well. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Interesting article.  Based on our limited travels of about 36 states so far, I would have said worse roads were California and then Illinois.  However we haven't been to Rhode Island and aren't hitting West Virginia until later this year so maybe those two are rated where they should be.  

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

Well they all have the good and the bad. We make our opinion on the Condition of the interstate  and Tpk systems and we have been on them all. We will agree that Louisiana, Alabama ,Mississippi have been the worst we have been on. Indiana Tpk is right up there.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Maybe all the delays for road construction is a good indicator? It's been said with a lot of truth that Minnesota's seasons are winter and road repair. Although I am still embarrassed about the I-35W bridge across the Mississippi in Minneapolis falling down during its resurfacing because it was under-built.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

38 minutes ago, sandsys said:

Maybe all the delays for road construction is a good indicator? It's been said with a lot of truth that Minnesota's seasons are winter and road repair. Although I am still embarrassed about the I-35W bridge across the Mississippi in Minneapolis falling down during its resurfacing because it was under-built.

Linda Sand

Hmm , are you the one that designed that sorry excuse for a bridge ?  

Goes around , comes around .

3 hours ago, richfaa said:

Well they all have the good and the bad. We make our opinion on the Condition of the interstate  and Tpk systems and we have been on them all. We will agree that Louisiana, Alabama ,Mississippi have been the worst we have been on. Indiana Tpk is right up there.

Ever been across Donner Pass on IH80 in California?

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

32 minutes ago, chirakawa said:

Ever been across Donner Pass on IH80 in California?

Not pulling a 5th wheel.Roads are a lot smoother when in a car.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

4 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

Hmm , are you the one that designed that sorry excuse for a bridge ?  

No, but the design was good. Then, the state government didn't budget enough money to build it to design. The shortcuts they took meant it was unable to support the demands made on it. Some family members of survivors sued for negligence but I didn't follow the cases to determine the outcome. I know what I would have voted had I been on the jury.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

2 hours ago, sandsys said:

No, but the design was good. Then, the state government didn't budget enough money to build it to design. The shortcuts they took meant it was unable to support the demands made on it. Some family members of survivors sued for negligence but I didn't follow the cases to determine the outcome. I know what I would have voted had I been on the jury.

Linda Sand

That was a no win for anyone .   :(

Goes around , comes around .

Archived