8.3 Cummins turbo whine - Update-more trouble

hemsteadc

Great you caught it when you did.  2015 we had both the exhaust manifold gasket and turbo replaced at the same time.  It was cheaper to replace the exhaust gasket when the engine was already taken apart to do the turbo.  Had it done in Duluth MN camped outside of Cummins I Power for almost a week.  Definitely no fun.  When we were there say another rig that did not pay attention to the whine and was towed in.  Their turbo exploded.  I for once was grateful for my repair bill over theirs.

Chris & Joni
The Beagles now 3 Daphne, Ace and Flash
looking
2016 Acura MDX

http://jnctravelogue.wordpress.com

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I am being deluged with problems. 

Picked it up 2 weeks ago from getting manifold gasket replaced.  Drove home fine. Let it sit for 2 weeks.  Started it up yesterday, ran a bit rough, Check Engine light on.  Engine smoothed out, Drove it a few miles, check engine light off.   Drove another hour or so without incident.  

Started up this morning, shaking like hell, running very rough, check engine on.  Drove to closest Freightliner dealer, barely made it. It's there now.  Any guesses?

Good thing I'm made of money, and not out in the dingles with  this bucket of bolts.

Just got the call : Injectors 3 and 4 are open.  Whatever that means!

Gee sounds like a few problems I have had. Having been to the wrong dealer.

Had EGR cooler plugged and replaced. Left the dealer with an A/C plumbing problem.

Had a wet front wheel bearing leak. No problem found, re-overfilled.

Clay 2015 FL M2-106

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

Archived