Jimfdoc

Jimfdoc

Most probably, the two sides are on different circuit breakers, and that 'pop' was the sound of one of your circuit breakers opening.

Regards

John

DON'T FEED THE VULTURES!

My Body is a Temple!  Ancient, Crumbling, Probably Cursed . . .

I Don't Like to Make Advanced Plans.  They Cause the Word "PREMEDITATED" to Get Thrown Around in Court!

MyMapS.jpg

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Paranoid said:

Most probably, the two sides are on different circuit breakers, and that 'pop' was the sound of one of your circuit breakers opening.

Hopefully that's all it was . 

I have to wonder exactly what might have made that happen . 

Goes around , comes around .

2 hours ago, Jimfdoc said:

Heard a pop, then one side of electrical outlets would not work, other side is fine what can cause this

It could have been a circuit breaker, or it could have also been a GFCI outlet that tripped. If you find it and reset it, the breaker must be opened fully, then reclosed to properly reset it. The GFCI has a separate reset button.

4138Ixlq4aL._AC_US218_.jpg        31IMOOLGs0L._AC_US218_.jpg

circuit breaker                                           GFCI outlet

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

While such a noise and result could be due to a tripped breaker or GFCI, I've seen a loose/burned/resistive connection make an arc and noise yielding the same result, so check breakers and connections for evidence of heat and burning.

John T

Archived