Bill Downing

Sewer line slime

Mold/algae.  Rinse better after use.  Let it dry out, ie dump afternoon before leaving but don’t take down to store until morning.   Other things to try, run black tank through., dump gallon of vinegar in toilet and flush, the run Grey tank out, dump another gallon down sink put some more water, then rinse hose with lots of water. 

If you are sitting hooked up for a extended period with the grey valve open that will happen, its easy to slush out with a water hose.

Denny

Welcome to the Escapee forums! Always happy to have new folks join us here.

I really don't have much to add but was wondering if you are hooked up and sitting in one spot and leaving the line connected all of the time? In my experience that is when one is most likely to experience growing things in the sewer hose. Several of those suggestions I would make too. I'm not sure that you have anything to worry about but it is good to clean the hose from time to time while sitting still and allow it to dry out occasionally too. 

Just curious as to why you care about slime build up in the waste line.  Is the slime restricting the flow or something?  Is there an odor backing up into the coach?

We have 3 different locations (parks) where we will sit in the same site for a month or so.  My clear sewer elbows and my stinky-slinky will get a slight build up and not stay perfectly clean no matter how much I rinse while hooked up.  About 2 or 3 times a year I will mix up a bucket of Dawn and bleach water and get to work cleaning it all.  I let the mixture sit in the sections of stinky-slinky by connecting the ends together.  After it sits for an hour or so and I shake it around a little I dump it all out and rinse really good.  I let the sections dry in the sun and then coat them with 303 on the outside.