Another CG Ettique Question

FL-JOE

Happened to us a couple of nights ago, one couple pull in set up and erect their satellite dish half in out space barely leaving us enough room to open the car door. Next thing a guy pulls up on the other side, blocks our view by parking in a spot with no hookups and ties his water into our tee, fires up the generator and runs it all night long. This while the space with hook ups on the other end of the row is empty except the guy in the spot next to it has parked his truck in the middle of it.

All at an Elks lodge and at least one of them an Escapee!!

Talk about inconsiderate people.

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

34 minutes ago, scouserl41 said:

Happened to us a couple of nights ago, one couple pull in set up and erect their satellite dish half in out space barely leaving us enough room to open the car door. Next thing a guy pulls up on the other side, blocks our view by parking in a spot with no hookups and ties his water into our tee, fires up the generator and runs it all night long. This while the space with hook ups on the other end of the row is empty except the guy in the spot next to it has parked his truck in the middle of it.

All at an Elks lodge and at least one of them an Escapee!!

Talk about inconsiderate people.

BnB

True . Some people would better serve as dipsticks .

Goes around , comes around .

7 hours ago, Mr. Camper said:

So should places with "Campground" in their name not allow RV's, only tents?  Do you sit with family and friends around an RV fire or a Campfire?  Do you think that the original campers who slept under the stars felt the same way when friends showed up with tents? Should all campground/RV parks keep pop-ups, travel trailers, and 5er's separate from  Class A's, B's and C's?  What about the people who go camping and stay in a cabin and/or a cottage?  Are they not camping or do you consider that cabining or cottaging? 

No, we don't sit around any fire.  We are in the west, NO ONE is allowed fires in anyplace that we've been all summer.     We tend to stay in RV Parks; we gave up on state parks a long time ago as they are always reserved so far in advance for weekends only and then people don't show up - plus the costs are as much as membership parks.   We do like COE campgrounds, love to stay in them, but we don't sit out around a fire because I would rather read/watch TV/do computer work in the evening.  The RV is our place to rest for the night, we spend the day out seeing the area.  

Camping is what we did when we were (1) much, much younger and (2) 'got away' for the weekend.  Camping is not how I would approach fulltiming - it isn't a weekend get away, it is day-to-day living.  Did you sit out every night in your S&B around a smelly fire wafting smoke into your neighbor's house?

Luckily, there is a wide range of ways to fulltime.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

28 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

Did you sit out every night in your S&B around a smelly fire wafting smoke into your neighbor's house?

Our brother-in-law does. Inside if it is winter, though. He taught his sons and now he's now teaching his grandson the joys of fire. Whenever we hosted them for a visit to us at a local campground when we were fulltiming we knew a campfire was going to be part of it. Fortunately, campgrounds around here tend to have fire rings.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

9 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

No, we don't sit around any fire.  We are in the west, NO ONE is allowed fires in anyplace that we've been all summer.     We tend to stay in RV Parks; we gave up on state parks a long time ago as they are always reserved so far in advance for weekends only and then people don't show up - plus the costs are as much as membership parks.   We do like COE campgrounds, love to stay in them, but we don't sit out around a fire because I would rather read/watch TV/do computer work in the evening.  The RV is our place to rest for the night, we spend the day out seeing the area.  

Camping is what we did when we were (1) much, much younger and (2) 'got away' for the weekend.  Camping is not how I would approach fulltiming - it isn't a weekend get away, it is day-to-day living.  Did you sit out every night in your S&B around a smelly fire wafting smoke into your neighbor's house?

We just happen to be in a CG where every site has fire rings.   Two or three evenings a week there ends up being gatherings at one site or another that is having a fire.  It is nothing planned, some of us just show up after dinner.  There could be 5 or 6 of us, or there could be 15 or 20 of us just sitting around, talking, laughing, telling stories.  If I was going to hide inside my RV every night and just read or watch TV I would rather just go back to the sticknbrick.  The Florida park we winter in may not allow fire pits but we still get out and spend time with other folks in the evening.  It could be playing corn hole, or some card game, or again just sitting around talking.  

For us this was part of the draw of full timing and why we returned to it.  But, like you said, there is a wide range of ways to fulltime.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

10 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Thank you for that extra special glimpse into your life.  May you continue to enjoy your experiences.  Do you have a lot of exciting things to watch on TV over the summer?  What are you reading?

On 7/31/2018 at 1:11 PM, bigjim said:

here goes,  I am an animal lover but I really think there is a element of animal lovers that are extreme and not at all realistic.  Recent case in point is a man is southeast NM about a week or so ago that had been feeding bears.  One bear finally injured him and now some poor bears will end up paying the price with their life and all the while he was putting other people at risk.  A few years ago a nurse saw a cub and didn't see the mom so she threw an old jacket over it and put it in the floor board and the first stop was at the ranger station at 6:15 am. As a volunteer I could not make her take it back or drop it at a nearby veteranarian until game and fish could get here. I had no means to take it. She ended up taking it to the hopital she worked at in Albuquerque before  calling game and fish. End result it ended up in a sanctuary where if it lived they raised it for about a year and  half then took it out somewhere in the wilderness and turned it loose in some other more experienced bears territory.  Man, do I get frustrated with a certain element of animal lovers and they sincerely believe they are in the right and everyone else is wrong.

What Jim said, X2! In some states feeding wildlife is illegal, kinda like feeding deer from now to hunting season..😞

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived