Winegard Pathway X2 or 211z

I have spoke to both Winegard and Disk about a problem. Basically it is the "The trouble is leaving here OK"

The problem occurs when both receivers are turned off or maybe only one receiver connected but turned off. The Pathway moves to center abit to the center and back. I'm on the Eastern Arc now and normally on Sat 61.5. I have the same problem on the western Arc. You don't really notice the movement unless it is nice morning and the window is open (sound) or you are working near it (sight). You know it happens and can confirm it by turning on the receiver and going to the menu. Menu 6-1-3- Details. The list shows a time and error 11-12-11 presently routinely 4 times a hour. I seems to be a waste of mechanical parts inside the Pathway.

Winegard says the Pathway only follows the Dish receiver commands movement. Dish tells me the receiver gets program updates but wouldn't move the Pathway except for the 3AM update. then leave a Code 11-11-11.

Does anyone else experience this, is it a problem? I hope to resolve the problem before the warranty expires. I have been on the western arc in Texas and Illinois. The Eastern arc in Illinois with all the same problem. I which switched receivers, presently the MAIN pathway connection is a dedicated cable receiver to Pathway where as the normal RV connection does have connector in the middle.

Clay   Been a Dish customer about 20 years with Tailgater and Pathway 5 years

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

When you turn off the receiver, are you just using the power button on the remote, or powering down completely by some other means?

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I use the power switch on the remote. The next step to turn things off would be pull the plug thus killing power to the Satellite dish (or the DOME as Dish  refers to it).

Clay

Yep, that's what I was wondering... With the receiver turned off (actually in "standby") without pulling the plug, the dish remains powered up. I have no idea what would cause your symptoms though in that case. Some sort of software bug would be my guess.

Dutch

Our X2 does the same thing,  we have a 211K reciever. I found that when we put in standby we turn to a channel on the 110 satellite and it stops it. I've only been on the esatern arc once so I don't know which sat it will want to go to.

We have a friend with a Talgater that will do the same thing, they found that out when they had it on top of the bedroom slide, I'm sure my Tailgater did it to. It's the reciever not the X2, trying to get Dish to admit to anything is like pulling teeth.

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

Giving it some thought, the 110 sat is where the program guide and software updates are downloaded overnight for all Dish western arc receivers. 129 also carries them, but 110 is the more "traditional" location for it that all receivers accept. It makes sense that would be where the single LNB automatic dishes would home when the receiver is in standby.

Dutch

Thanks D&J and Dutch for your input. It gives me thoughts of things to try in the next couple days. I know 61.5  sat is not the update Sat. However 61.5 has my local channels.  I will start just having the recorder program change channel to 72 sat about 4 in the morning observe the results then try sat 77.

Clay

On 8/1/2018 at 2:48 PM, D&J said:

I found that when we put in standby we turn to a channel on the 110 satellite and it stops it.

trying to get Dish to admit to anything is like pulling teeth.

It seems the eastern arc does not have a idle zone. Sat 72 moved towards Sat 61 and returns. If I set on Sat 77 a few hours of idle time will have the dish pointing to Sat 61. I'm doing some house setting and travel the next few weeks but will get a chance to use the Tailgater abit so I will check out the Sat 110.

I will have to talk to Dish some more

Clay

On 8/1/2018 at 6:51 PM, Dutch_12078 said:

Giving it some thought, the 110 sat is where the program guide and software updates are downloaded overnight for all Dish western arc receivers. 129 also carries them, but 110 is the more "traditional" location for it that all receivers accept. It makes sense that would be where the single LNB automatic dishes would home when the receiver is in standby.

I did more looking into this found in the dish files the mention of the 110 Sat updates but nothing on the Eastern arc. From what I have seem, been told and observed is common to eastern arc mobile sat dish use. I will discontinue the use the eastern arc.

I had always the used the western arc at this one location but a tree grew to much. having the Pathway X2 with a recommended 25 foot cable  I was forced to the east.

I will call Dish again to hopefully talk to someone that isn't the janitor

Thanks everyone Clay

Clay, I am using 100 ft of coaxial cable on my Carryout X2.  But I am using the Quad shielded low loss cable and it works fine.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

• 4 weeks later...

Just recently returned from using the Tailgater in Northern MM. I see the same results on the Details Page of the System Info Page ( Menu 6-1-3 Details). The satellite antenna does move off the difference western birds. This only seems to be a problem with portable antenna as Fixed antenna do not move.

Clay

Archived