Where in the US will you find the most pleasant days in a year?

KodiakJack

We  spend  the  winter  in  Yuma, Arizona  which  has  the  most  sunshine  of  any  city  in  the  U.S. of A.  Well  over  300 days  a  year  as  I  recall.  The  RV   resort  we  stay  at  (Cocopah RV & Golf ) once  had  a  slogan that  said " Free  Golf  anyday  the  sun  doesn't  shine".

56 minutes ago, isa said:

We  spend  the  winter  in  Yuma, Arizona  which  has  the  most  sunshine  of  any  city  in  the  U.S. of A.  

I understand that the sun shines a lot in July & August also. Might be you should stay for the summer too?  🤣

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Ok, I'm going to put my 2 cents worth in here. Winter months in the southwest are probably the best, but the summer months suck. Temps well over 100 degrees in the months of June, July, August, and sometimes September. But the rest of the year ain't bad.

Now, when it starts warming up in the southwest one starts looking the that perfect place up north. Like Northern  Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, and less not forget about Oregon, and lets not forget the mountain areas on central Utah. The problem with Oregon is, everyone else is up there in the summer. And northern California is also nice in the summer mouths.

On 7/30/2018 at 7:59 PM, Kirk Wood said:

I'd have thought Hawaii would rate being on that list? I wonder what state the people posting that site happen to be living in?

We lived on Oahu for 8 1/2 yrs and I can’t recall a day there that ,due to the weather, we  wished  we were somewhere else!,......does that count for pleasant living??

John & Ginny

2008 HitchHiker 37CKRD

2011 GMC 3500 HD, AirSafe hitch

S&B Millersville, MD

• 2 weeks later...

mark twain once wrote. the coldest winter i had ever had was a summer in san francisco.

it once got up to over 100F in the city. and the downtown sent everybody home. as it was too hot ( not for humans) but for the computers.

love traffic and smog. go to any big city in ca. there is more to things than just the weather.

For RV'ers it is not the MOST pleasant days in the year.....but the best times to visit. 

I thought long and hard about this an did come up with the  "perfect" answer.

http://usbackroads.blogspot.com/2010/03/when-is-best-time-to-visit-national.html

Oh, If I was trapped in one place for an entire year.....Central Coast of California.

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

The map linked by the OP is based on the the specified arbitrary parameters of "mean temperature between 55 and 75" .  Changing the parameters would change the numbers on the map.  

The maps of "average highs and average lows"  (posted by another responder) for each month looks like a more useful tool to help determine individual preferences on when to be at any given location.

13 hours ago, ceciltguitar said:

The map linked by the OP is based on the the specified arbitrary parameters of "mean temperature between 55 and 75" .  Changing the parameters would change the numbers on the map.  

The maps of "average highs and average lows"  (posted by another responder) for each month looks like a more useful tool to help determine individual preferences on when to be at any given location.

A pretty nice average can be obtained with your head in the oven and you feet in the freezer. 

Later,

J

2012 Landmark, San Antonio

2013 Silverado CC, 3500HD, Duramax, DRW, 4x4

Backup, side and hitch cameras, Tireminder TPMS

Archived