Splendide WD802M filling issue

luvsracin

Recently we purchased a 97 Fleetwood that has a Splendide W802M unit installed.  Just took our first trip.  Everytime we turned on water any where in the RV, water started filling the washing machine.  We bought the unit from an older couple who didn't use the washer. The unit has been sitting for a little over a year before we bought it.  Sitting in our driveway my husband started filling the fresh water tank -- more water went into the washing machine.  Where should we start looking to resolve this issue?  We have another trip coming up in about 4 weeks and we will not have sewer hook-ups for the first 6 days we are gone, so I can't keep having water fill up the washing machine.  I pulled the manual from the web -- but no troubleshooting help for this problem.  Thanks for any help you can give.

Sounds like the valves to machine as well as the valves at the hookups in the coach may have corroded or become gummed up with calcium etc.  May need to change them, but for now, see if you can close the valves feeding the hoses to the washer.  Might be a good idea to spray some penetrating oil on the stems and let them soak a while before attempting to operate the valves.  Adding some vinegar to the water tank might help for the valves in the washer but that would be when using the machine as normal.  Vinegar may help if calcium buildup is a problem.

Marcel

• 2 weeks later...

I'd put my money on a stuck-open solenoid valve in the machine. Tech help for Splendide machines is great and you should have a phone no. on a sticker somewhere on the machine or should be able to find one by googling. Just turning off the inlet valve at the wall will stop the water flow until a fix can be done.

Archived