No A/C compressor no power

Steve from SoCal

I have a 1996 Teton with two Dometic air conditioners, the main unit stopped cooling a few days ago.    I had the t-stat set and noticed the temp was not holding, I reset the temp to 64 and the compressor would not come on.     I turned that unit off, thinking it may have been over worked?     The bedroom unit worked for almost a day before it stopped cooling as well.    I have the four button t-stat and tried doing a reset on that several times using the up/down buttons and mode button.    The backlighting will go out when I do a reset on the t-stat.     The failure of both units at nearly the same time suggest the problem is with the control not the cooling units themselves?   

Any insight on where to look?      The capacitors cheek OK with my meter, the fans run and there is no outward signs of damage on the roof top units.      There is no voltage at the capacitors on the roof top units, this is including the waiting period for compressor start.   

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

Quick and dirty check: short the thermostat wires to force a cooling cycle. If they cool, problem's in the stat. If not, time to check wiring between stat & A/C's, and connections at the air conditioners.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Bryant RV manuals. Use the manual to identify the wires. Take a photo before removing any wires, avoid confusion later. 

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Well,

I saw the data posted here and other sources that showed the wiring, no joy.    It turned out to be a low voltage condition on the DC bus.    The voltage was great enough to light up and control the fan, the compressor relay however never came on.    

Steve

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

Archived