How many forum members ...

noteven

Blatantly stolen from over "there":

How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb? One to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing lightbulbs and how the lightbulb could have been changed differently.

Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

Three to correct spelling/grammar errors.

Fore to spelle evere singel wird in the poste rong and ezpect evrywon to nowe wut thare sayin anywaye.

Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb".

Another six to condemn those six as stupid.

Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the correct spelling.

Nineteen to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum.

Eleven to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this group.

Thirty six to debate which method of changing lightbulbs is superior, where to buy the best lightbulbs, what brand of lightbulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different lightbulbs.

Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL.

Three to post URLs found when following the aforementioned URLs.

Thirteen to quote 5-paragraph posts in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and then add "Me too" or "+1".

Five to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot mentally handle the lightbulb controversy, or because the question will just encourage a popularity contest or a "steel base vs. plastic base" discussion.

Four to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

Thirteen to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting easy questions about light bulbs."

Three to tell a funny story about their cat and a light bulb.

Nine to ramble on about how those liberal bastards want to take away all lightbulbs, and then sum it all up with a lame pun about Rosie O'Donnell choking on a 'fish taco'.

Twenty-four to read the first half of the post, and then answer a question NOBODY ASKED!!!

Five who get pissed over a joke that they probably didn't get in the first place.

Fifteen to argue which is more important; wattage or bulb placement.

Four to say that they only buy custom made lightbulbs.

Three to say that they buy cheap bulbs that are just as good as the custom made ones, but that way they have extra money for lampshades.

Five to ask the infamous "can a +P wattage bulb be used in my socket?" question.

Fourteen to debate which type of replacement light bulb is best (i.e. incandescent, halogen, fluorescent, LED)

four to debate the impact to the environment by changing a light bulb and what do do with the one removed to minimize the environmental impact.

Six to discuss alternative uses for burnt out light bulbs.

One to quote the treadlightly guideline that most likely covers changing light bulbs

Twelve to discuss the ethical use of light bulbs

Four to mention how they like to just line up light bulbs and shoot them

Three to inquire about which light bulbs one should carry as spares

Fourteen to discuss the best place to carry spare light bulbs

Six to discuss the best ways to protect light bulbs while off 'wheeling"

Six to discuss the best way to photograph light bulbs

Four to inquire about which camera would work best for photographing light bulbs.

A new thread on light bulb pictures

Two to ask about which maps to load in order to find light bulb GPS locations

One to point out the dangers of broken light bulbs

Thirty four to relate their or others experiences with broken light bulbs

Twenty one to discuss first response actions that are best used for the victim of a broken light bulb

Twenty nine new threads covering additional " how many ExPo members does it take to ..."

Fourteen to debate the meaning and proper use of "ExPo"

One to point out the proper light bulb for Glampers

One to point out that changing a light bulb is the classical first step in the progression of ship fitter's disease

One to ask what is ship fitter's disease

One to cross-post the whole topic on another forum.

3 to discuss if the alternator should be upgraded to better supply the light bulb with a steady and reliable source of power.

1 to ask the alternator posters how they define "steady and reliable".

7 to argue if it would be better to get a new alternator or modify/upgrade the one currently in the vehicle.

Four to suggest light-bulb changing be a three-hour course in Overland Training.

Six to pontificate on which size light bulb should be used during Overland Training.

Two to volunteer to hold the light bulb during Overland Training.

Two more to volunteer to energize the light bulb while the other two are holding them.

Sixteen to brag about being the first sixteen to be "Overland Training Light Bulb Changer Certified".

Five to provide a new market in used light bulbs on CL.

Twelve to post where used light bulbs can be found in various cities on CL.

Eleven of the twelve remember to post that they have no affiliation with the light bulb sellers on CL.

One "Articulate" to come up with the funniest one-liner of all about changing light bulbs.

Corollaries:
A new thread asking for favorite light bulb changing songs

A new thread for pictures of before and after changed light bulbs

What I want to know is what were the light( )bulbs changed into?

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

16 minutes ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Did anyone mention the legal aspects of carrying the light bulb across state lines?  We're the proper regulations followed and documented for such transportation of the light bulb, and who got the ticket for it?

^ perfect footnote for HDT forum 😃 

2 hours ago, HERO Maker said:

And then there is NOTEVEN!!!!

not even! 

I copied the whole thing. Making me this person:

“One to cross-post the whole topic on another forum.

😀

Worse than changing a light bulb in a mini-sub hanger on a nuc submarine.  That took 2 workers and a 3 page form, which had to be signed by 4 people, including the CO of the submarine.  Thought that was a PITA, 4 hours minimum, until I read NotEven's post!.

2094790416_NewHorizonsmall.jpg.b597b886c0fa2457938fb2cfe3e6cd0b.jpg

2010 Freightliner, DD15 Eaton Ultrashift, 2015 New Horizons 5th Wheel.

Occupants - Dena/Brad/Hershey    BLOG LINK

500964784_statemapDec2020.jpg.66ea16945a2c1c745783b95e33e702c9.jpg

19 hours ago, noteven said:

Blatantly stolen from over "there":

How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb? One to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing lightbulbs and how the lightbulb could have been changed differently.

Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

Three to correct spelling/grammar errors.

Fore to spelle evere singel wird in the poste rong and ezpect evrywon to nowe wut thare sayin anywaye.

Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb".

Another six to condemn those six as stupid.

Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the correct spelling.

Nineteen to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum.

Eleven to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this group.

Thirty six to debate which method of changing lightbulbs is superior, where to buy the best lightbulbs, what brand of lightbulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different lightbulbs.

Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL.

Three to post URLs found when following the aforementioned URLs.

Thirteen to quote 5-paragraph posts in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and then add "Me too" or "+1".

Five to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot mentally handle the lightbulb controversy, or because the question will just encourage a popularity contest or a "steel base vs. plastic base" discussion.

Four to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

Thirteen to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting easy questions about light bulbs."

Three to tell a funny story about their cat and a light bulb.

Nine to ramble on about how those liberal bastards want to take away all lightbulbs, and then sum it all up with a lame pun about Rosie O'Donnell choking on a 'fish taco'.

Twenty-four to read the first half of the post, and then answer a question NOBODY ASKED!!!

Five who get pissed over a joke that they probably didn't get in the first place.

Fifteen to argue which is more important; wattage or bulb placement.

Four to say that they only buy custom made lightbulbs.

Three to say that they buy cheap bulbs that are just as good as the custom made ones, but that way they have extra money for lampshades.

Five to ask the infamous "can a +P wattage bulb be used in my socket?" question.

Fourteen to debate which type of replacement light bulb is best (i.e. incandescent, halogen, fluorescent, LED)

four to debate the impact to the environment by changing a light bulb and what do do with the one removed to minimize the environmental impact.

Six to discuss alternative uses for burnt out light bulbs.

One to quote the treadlightly guideline that most likely covers changing light bulbs

Twelve to discuss the ethical use of light bulbs

Four to mention how they like to just line up light bulbs and shoot them

Three to inquire about which light bulbs one should carry as spares

Fourteen to discuss the best place to carry spare light bulbs

Six to discuss the best ways to protect light bulbs while off 'wheeling"

Six to discuss the best way to photograph light bulbs

Four to inquire about which camera would work best for photographing light bulbs.

A new thread on light bulb pictures

Two to ask about which maps to load in order to find light bulb GPS locations

One to point out the dangers of broken light bulbs

Thirty four to relate their or others experiences with broken light bulbs

Twenty one to discuss first response actions that are best used for the victim of a broken light bulb

Twenty nine new threads covering additional " how many ExPo members does it take to ..."

Fourteen to debate the meaning and proper use of "ExPo"

One to point out the proper light bulb for Glampers

One to point out that changing a light bulb is the classical first step in the progression of ship fitter's disease

One to ask what is ship fitter's disease

One to cross-post the whole topic on another forum.

3 to discuss if the alternator should be upgraded to better supply the light bulb with a steady and reliable source of power.

1 to ask the alternator posters how they define "steady and reliable".

7 to argue if it would be better to get a new alternator or modify/upgrade the one currently in the vehicle.

Four to suggest light-bulb changing be a three-hour course in Overland Training.

Six to pontificate on which size light bulb should be used during Overland Training.

Two to volunteer to hold the light bulb during Overland Training.

Two more to volunteer to energize the light bulb while the other two are holding them.

Sixteen to brag about being the first sixteen to be "Overland Training Light Bulb Changer Certified".

Five to provide a new market in used light bulbs on CL.

Twelve to post where used light bulbs can be found in various cities on CL.

Eleven of the twelve remember to post that they have no affiliation with the light bulb sellers on CL.

One "Articulate" to come up with the funniest one-liner of all about changing light bulbs.

Corollaries:
A new thread asking for favorite light bulb changing songs

A new thread for pictures of before and after changed light bulbs

What I want to know is what were the light( )bulbs changed into?

Whew.......

No wonder I feel  .   .   .  O L D......but I see the.......L I G H T 

Drive on........( How's your....light-bulbs today?)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

1 hour ago, Wrknrvr said:

How many members does it take to tell you how to fix a black tank when it is leaking

Vern

Vern,

Dollymamma loves it when I lay under the RV to change the black tank dump valve.......it's one of few times I keep my mouth closed........

Drive on.......(lips .....sealed)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Does this require a driver's license upgrade? Should I re-register in South Dakota? Do I need to keep a couple of cases of Dr Pepper on board? (onboard)

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

Always best to keep DP on board because Phil has that sneaky new truck now.

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

With that big a crew, you will a cook and all the staff to arrange and service the meals.

Clay 2015 FL M2 106 Sport Chassis  2016 DRV MS 38PS3

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

........ sure am glad I switched to all LED's and no longer have "bulbs" 😄.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

• 2 weeks later...

But were you OSHA approved? Did you have on fall gear? Was the ladder supported? Did you have cut proof gloves on? And full face shield? Got to be safe, cover everything.. Plus was the power locked out? Tagged and someone standing over it?

Disposal fees? Must spend $1249.98 per bulb to Dispose of bulb. Plus $5789.01 Hazard fee. Along with Hazmat fee's for cleanup.

Notice can no longer use a Potato to remove broken bulbs. Way to many people were harmed trying to eat that Potato after removing broken bulbs.

event.png

Archived