Yeah, I knew this would happen when I bought the Pete..........

mr. cob

2 hours ago, rickeieio said:

I was there last year,

MzsRh6bl.jpg

zHNUzVvl.jpg

Howdy rickeieio,

When I was there is was about the beginning of the 3rd week in May, we had camped nearby, woke up to 36 degrees with the bike and tent covered in heavy frost, by noon it was HOT.  If I remember correctly its about 6,500 feet of elevation at Angel Fire.  I think seeing this Monument will give Donna, a better understanding of what us Troops who served in Vietnam survived only to treated like crap by many of our countrymen upon our return.  Sorry for getting political but it is something I will NEVER forget or forgive many in our nation for.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

20 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Next real stop is another condo in Taos New Mexico, 

Dave

If by chance some blonde young man approaches you in Taos either when you arrive with the full rig or possibly when in the Smart car don't be alarmed it might just be our son who calls me and sends photos whenever he sees a HDT set up like ours. He is harmless, very friendly and might even offer some info on a fishing spot or a great place to eat or drink.:lol:

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

59 minutes ago, dblr said:

If by chance some blonde young man approaches you in Taos either when you arrive with the full rig or possibly when in the Smart car don't be alarmed it might just be our son who calls me and sends photos whenever he sees a HDT set up like ours. He is harmless, very friendly and might even offer some info on a fishing spot or a great place to eat or drink.:lol:

Howdy dblr,

Thanks for the warning to beware young fellers who may be helpful, if we should meet your Son I am sure it will be a pleasant and welcome experience.  I am not much of a fisherman but tips on good places to eat are always greeted with appreciation.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

What condos will you be at in Taos? I know the Wyndham World Mark there and parking on property might be tough, I stayed there last year for skiing and there is not a lot of room there.

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

2 minutes ago, dblr said:

What condos will you be at in Taos? I know the Wyndham World Mark there and parking on property might be tough, I stayed there last year for skiing and there is not a lot of room there.

Howdy dblr,

We'll be at the Wyndham World Mark, I called them and talked to them, sent a photo of the truck and trailer, they said they could accommodate us.  I looked at their parking area in google earth, I don't foresee a problem but until we are there its only a guess.  Parking the rig here at the Branson, condo was a job, backing down a hill around curves and in-between other RV's but I stuffed it in there.  I'll post up how it goes.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Ok Dave good to hear they can fit you in, if it's the one behind the museum watch your turn going in as there are walls at the side of the drive. Of course after what you explained about Branson this will be a piece of cake parking there, lol.

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hutchman said:

Dave, makes me happy to see that you are really enjoying the new truck. Make sure you stop if coming through La Grande!

Howdy Hutch,

We will be passing through La Grande, August 2nd on our way home during this trip but I won’t have time to stop and visit.  

I have so much to do before a fellow from North Dakota comes to look at the Freightliner, get some more done to the Peterbilt, and get ready for my next mounths long trip.

Darn good thing I don’t have a job I don’t have time to work.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Archived