AZ Winter Park near Yuma

Red Crewzer

Has anyone ever stayed at Pioneer RV Park in Wellton, AZ?  Park appears to have a fair amount of activities, lots are decent sized according to web site and the price is quite reasonable.  I looked at rvparkreviews.com for reviews, but there are only two and one was from last year.  Thoughts?

2008 Tiffin

Allegro Bus 43 QRP
2006 Honda CR-V

We have not stayed at Pioneer but it was a sister park to the park we were in the Yuma Foothills for 13 years but was sold several years ago.. We have driven thru numerous times over the years. It is well populated with park models which really isn't a problem, just thought I would mention it. For any grocery shopping you will have to jump on I-8 and head west to the Foothills for grocery, etc. shopping. You will be at the 30 mile marker and have to go to at least the 12 mile marker for Super Wally, Walgreens, Smiths Grocery (Kroger) etc. There is a golf course in Wellton. Another thing to consider is McElhenny Cattle Company which is east of Wellton with huge herds of cattle. Depending on humidity and wind direction, the odors do reach Wellton. If I can be of more help, just PM me.

• 2 weeks later...

We have stayed at Pioneer park in Wellton, and well enjoyed our stays.   You should beware, that some of the lots are very close to I-8, and this is, of course, a noise problem.   The farther away you park from I-8, the better, and the noise does proportionately decrease to a barely noticeable level.   The pool is well kept up.   Rates were reasonable, and everything worked well.   The location, for my wife and I, was desirable... Wellton is a small town... with a couple of new Dollar stores that make driving into Yuma an infrequent event.   There is a very well stocked local Hardware store with very good prices.   The local VFW has a weekly taco night, and a weekly Burger night, and a couple of local restaurants offer some other variety.   When you do drive into Yuma, you will find most things you would be looking for in any Metro area.   There is a nearby walk-in Clinic, and close Ambulance service is provided by volunteer EMT & Fire people from Wellton.

We have found the lower Colorado River area to be extremely desirable for Winter stays... Lots of water... sunshine... Palm trees...  lakes... historic sites... lower prices... Los Algodones for pleasure, pharmaceuticals, and dental work... proximity to Tucson, Phoenix, Quartzsite, and the California coast... and Yuma's Marine Corps Air Station.   

Across I-8 from Pioneer RV Park is the Coyote Wash Golf Course development.   This is a large development, with home sites and buildable RV sites.   We bought one (RV site) on the Golf Course a couple years ago and use it as a permanent Winter RV home.

Let me know if any other questions we can answer

Jim          

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

Archived