TST works and reminder to tighten sensors

fly2low

Todays Alaska adventure occurred as we driving from Fairbanks to Denali.  TST alarm sounded as we were on the road, one of the rear tires was dropping pressure fairly rapidly.  Pulled over to check things out, and I could air leaking.  Turned out the sensor was loose.  From reading other posts here, this is not a first time event.  I had tightened them about 2 months ago, but roads are a bit rough here.  This is a reminder to check them for tightness

After I aired up the tire, and got back on the road, within 2 miles we came across a commercial truck on the side of the road, with skid marks leading to the truck.  He had a shredded front drivers side tire.  Made me feel better about having the TST system, even though it was why the tire on my vehicle was deflating

Rich and Carol

2007 Dynamax DQ 340 XL

If you put those little locks they come with on the valve stem they won't come loose.

Steve and Joy

Amateur Radio Operator WZ1T . . .  Flex 6600 M,  Flex PGXL, Flex TGXL, 

2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . Lincoln MKX Toad

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

Good information however we have had them for several years and not had the problem.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

What locks?  I did not see them in the package when I got them.  It was three year ago though.  

I did not have a problem before either.  3 years and 30,000 miles without an issue.  Until now.  Interestingly, the other report of this issue that I saw was also while in AK.. It might be a road based issue.

Rich and Carol

2007 Dynamax DQ 340 XL

Been using TPMS sensor for 12 years and never had one get loose, and no, there where no locks used.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

I had a flat in my new to me 5th wheel so I purchased TST tire monitors and put them on and checked them the next few days only to find the wheel with the blow out was low on air. filled and came back low again in a few days. I took the wheel off and put it in my water tank only to find that the rim itself had a pinhole leak (looks like from the factory) removed the tire and I silver soldered the small pin hole. Has been good ever since. And while fixing some of the damage I could see some braces that were bent from the previous owners tire mishaps. Since then it has notified me of a tire that was low and still hold some air as I pulled over to find a tear in the sidewall from something in the road.  So the TST have saved me there price over and over.

2000 National RV Sea Breeze 5th wheel 30ft.

So.California

1950 F1 street rod

1949 F1 stock V8 flathead

1948 F6 350 chevy/rest stock, no dump bed shortened frame.

1953 chevy 3100 AD for 85 S10 frame

1968 Baha Bug with 2.2 ecotec motor 170 hp, king coil-overs,etc

1970 Baha Bug wihg 2332cc, King coil overs and everything else there is.

1998.5 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins, turbo, trans, injectors, lockers, bigger turbo,edge EZ upgrades for towing 35" BFG's, air dog lift pump etc.

I have the cap style. They have a little ring that slips on the valve stem with 2 grooves in it . Slide it up to the sensor and tighten set screw. Same set screw as on your flow thru

Steve and Joy

Amateur Radio Operator WZ1T . . .  Flex 6600 M,  Flex PGXL, Flex TGXL, 

2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . Lincoln MKX Toad

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

WE recently bought a "Tire Minder" system from Camping World. It had little lock nuts and a wrench in the package. That was the good part, the sensors don't appear to be worth a darn though and were giving random low and high pressure warnings for about the first 3 weeks. I think I have it sorted now but it's been a major pain. Why batteries need replacing after only 3 weeks is baffling.

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

On 7/7/2018 at 8:28 AM, scouserl41 said:

WE recently bought a "Tire Minder" system from Camping World. It had little lock nuts and a wrench in the package. That was the good part, the sensors don't appear to be worth a darn though and were giving random low and high pressure warnings for about the first 3 weeks. I think I have it sorted now but it's been a major pain. Why batteries need replacing after only 3 weeks is baffling.

BnB

Once a year I stock  up on button batteries required for my TST sensors, and other items, at a flea market -$1 for a card of 5 or sometimes 10. Sure  1 or 2 might be bad in the card after a few months, but they are still a great buy.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived