Need awning advice

Boogity

A few years ago we radically downsized to a used 27ft. class C Minnie Winnie that we really like.  All of the awning fabric will need replacement at the end of this summer season.  The awnings are A&E brand and the patio awning has the aluminum cladding at the top.  In my research I have found that the cladding type is propriety A&E design and that A&E may be the only place to find a replacement.  I have looked and looked and looked and cannot find out if I can buy replacement fabric directly from A&E.  Can you guys tell me if I can purchase directly from A&E or any other vendor?  Thanks, Boogity

1 hour ago, Boogity said:

A few years ago we radically downsized to a used 27ft. class C Minnie Winnie that we really like.  All of the awning fabric will need replacement at the end of this summer season.  The awnings are A&E brand and the patio awning has the aluminum cladding at the top.  In my research I have found that the cladding type is propriety A&E design and that A&E may be the only place to find a replacement.  I have looked and looked and looked and cannot find out if I can buy replacement fabric directly from A&E.  Can you guys tell me if I can purchase directly from A&E or any other vendor?  Thanks, Boogity

Maybe time for talking to customer support at A&E . 

You might consider a sail shop . But , direct replacement is likely less hassle . 

Goes around , comes around .

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Thanks everyone.  I'll contact A&E next week. I'll have it all fixed up by the time I put the RV away for the winter.

Hi Linda, it's always good to hear from old friends. It's hard to imagine that it was 10 years ago when Sharon and I were fulltimers and out roaming this great nation. Are you guys still on the road? I think I remember that you changed RVs some time ago. But I've slept since then so who knows?

Hi Kirk, I'm sitting here out here on the porch with a Lee Bottom tee shirt on enjoying the cool breezes this morning overlooking the corn and the beans growing all around us. As you know we have had our share of medical issues so our RVing is somewhat limited these days. I used to see Ginger every month at the Beekeepers meetings but I had to give all of my hives away and she's off on other adventures so I don't see her much anymore.  Do you and Pam still have your place in TX?  Two years ago we went back to Chekika in the Everglades just for a look-see and it is totally abandoned again. Completely overgrown and infested with gators and pythons.  What a shame, we put a lot of work into that place.

Later

24 minutes ago, Boogity said:

Hi Kirk, I'm sitting here out here on the porch with a Lee Bottom tee shirt on enjoying the cool breezes this morning overlooking the corn and the beans growing all around us.

I will send you a private message and my email address.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

7 hours ago, Boogity said:

Hi Linda, it's always good to hear from old friends. It's hard to imagine that it was 10 years ago when Sharon and I were fulltimers and out roaming this great nation. Are you guys still on the road? I think I remember that you changed RVs some time ago. But I've slept since then so who knows?

The Escapees Class of '08 and '09 thread is still up and running. It would be good to see you on there to catch up with every one. I still have the pictures of you and Steve crawling under the table in our View the very first time we met.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Archived