Forrest River class c 2017 slide out stoped in out position

I have a customer that called about a slide out problem.

It is a Slm tech system .  Very similar to a scwinteck system. I need to know where the control box is located. Have looked very hard to find it.

Very hard to get a good number for Forest River. But will post if one is found.

Otherwise pull motor and push the slide in. Then block it tight.

Thanks in advance,.   Vern

This seems to be something that isn't consistent from one RV to the next in the same model. At Escapade last May there was an owner with slide problems who did get in contact with Forest River to see where his slide control was located and the company gave him about 5 different places to look as they say it isn't the same in all units of the model he owned. I don't remember which model he had but was appalled that they didn't know for sure where he would find it and his rig was less than 1 year old.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Both the owner, the renter of the and me tried everything to get a good number for Forest River support.

The local forest River dealer did not really have a good number. While on the phone with Lippert components they did not have a good number.

Finally called corporate number say maybe 10 times and let a mesage. The tech support called the renter of this vehicle back.

He said to look under the range which is in the slide. There it is on the lower wall under the range.

Now the  power to the system comes from the batteries. The switch is not in the slide. The motors are not in the slide but in the wall .

So now the control wiring must go into the slide to the control box. Then the wiring to the motors must come back out of the slide to go to the motors.

Yep ? Rear motor is stuck. Pop motor up to move slide. Front motor only goes in one direction. Reverse wiring only front motor in the wrong way.

What a mess of engineering to install the controller in a moving position that probably caused wiring issues that did not need to be.

Got slide in. Blocked with 2/4. Showed customer how to remove motor to get slide in and out as needed.

Family has three weeks to see Mount Rushmore , Gkacier np, Yellowstone and at stop in California. Before being at work in Ohio.

The last job of the day's was a pyramid in the black tank.

Out today for more fun stuff to do,.   Vern

No I did not.  Customer wanted to travel..

So customer calls today and wants service document that Lippert Components sent me. I did forward the documents.

They are at Bretz RV in Missoula Montana trying to get it fixed.

It is frustrating to try and fix things that are not built properly.

safe Travels,.    Vern

Yes the rental company was involved. But with Forestriver very hard to get a person online to talk to it was very frustrating.

The customer renting the RV had 3 weeks vacation. So that made the situation more frustrating.

Most manufactures are helpful.

I had one last week on a new high end Motorhome that had a malor leak in a Auquahot heating system. Stupid place for a connection in the heating loop. When the slide was retracted it pulled the joint apart. Company knows it is a posible problem.

I could talk to a tech on the phone when I wanted to. But I would say he never was in the construction end of putting this Motorhome together as he did not understand how they built this unit.

Then last Friday I had an emergency slide problem on a newer Newmar Motorhome. So I have worked on  Newmars occasionally and they are really good at helping with problems. So the customer had a slide problem a few days before and had another business fix it.

Now the slide is out of adjustment again. I take a look at the unit. It has two motor driven drives . One on each end of the slide ,but underneath as Newmar normally has.  But they have an electronic controller operating the two drive assemblies in sequence together.

I call Newmar and get a tech really easy. I talk to him about what is happening and he finally says he is out in the manufacturing floor. So he steps into his office and finds the controller that I am working with on the service documents.

I follow his instructions and reset the controller. Now the slide works as it should. The other company tried to do some other adjustments that were not needed.

I think I have today of so no mental work today.

have a great day in your RV,.   Vern

19 minutes ago, Wrknrvr said:

I call Newmar and get a tech really easy.

And this quite explains the reason that I spend time in discussion with RV techs that I know before I decide what brands of RVs I'll consider. It is also one of the things that justify the higher cost of RVs from companies that have a solid history of product support.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived