Glass Shower Wall Shattered

NavyKid

Has anyone had glass randomly break in their RV? I came home to a glass section of my shower shattered this evening. There are four glass sections and the other three are fine(for now).

The only idea I can come up with is it being heat or humidity related. I turned off the AC earlier in the day and left it off while I was gone. I don’t think indoor temperatures reached 90 degrees F though. Mainly trying to figure out what happened so it doesn’t happen again.

Also, anyone know how to go about replacing the broken glass section? Thanks. I will try to resize the file size of photos to post.

• 2 weeks later...

I discovered tempered glass is heat sensitive. I was at home watching TV when a loud crash got my attention. The storm door lower glass had shattered; I suspect due to direct sunlight causing one side of the glass to expand at a different rate than the other. That was 4 years ago, I'm still finding glass shards once in a while.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived