Wonder what people use to cover the dining table? I want something I can leave on that does not slide off during travels.

1 hour ago, Enterprise said:

Wonder what people use to cover the dining table? I want something I can leave on that does not slide off during travels.

We used placemats. They tend to not have as much drag as tablecloths.

Linda Sand

We use placemats, found some made out of shelf liner but could easily buy shelf liner and make your own.

9 hours ago, Enterprise said:

I want something I can leave on that does not slide off during travels.

I assume you mean just that the tablecloth will stay put, but with nothing sitting on the table? If you travel in an air-ride RV you might be able to find something that will work but if not, you might be the first unless you have something unique. We had friends who traveled in a motorhome with air-ride who kept a table pad on with elastic straps under the table from side to side, and it would keep the tablecloth in place while traveling, most of the time. I don't think that would work for most trailer RVs.

Place mats when we eat at the table... but that's not very often. Since they're rarely out, we don't have to deal with them on moving days. When the grandkids are with us a large tarp wouldn't be enough! We feed them outside.

Rob

We use a large cloth napkin as a tablecloth. We set a basket of fresh produce on top, which weighs it down, and keeps it in place during travel. In most RVs we've had, it just rode there, and didn't go anywhere. In our current motorhome, we have the basket hooked to the window frame with a snap swivel and a short piece of clear fishing line, which are invisible unless you really search for them.