Tablecloth

Enterprise

1 hour ago, Enterprise said:

Wonder what people use to cover the dining table? I want something I can leave on that does not slide off during travels.

We used placemats. They tend to not have as much drag as tablecloths.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

9 hours ago, Enterprise said:

I want something I can leave on that does not slide off during travels.

I assume you mean just that the tablecloth will stay put, but with nothing sitting on the table? If you travel in an air-ride RV you might be able to find something that will work but if not, you might be the first unless you have something unique. We had friends who traveled in a motorhome with air-ride who kept a table pad on with elastic straps under the table from side to side, and it would keep the tablecloth in place while traveling, most of the time. I don't think that would work for most trailer RVs.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Place mats when we eat at the table... but that's not very often. Since they're rarely out, we don't have to deal with them on moving days. When the grandkids are with us a large tarp wouldn't be enough! We feed them outside.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

We use a large cloth napkin as a tablecloth. We set a basket of fresh produce on top, which weighs it down, and keeps it in place during travel. In most RVs we've had, it just rode there, and didn't go anywhere. In our current motorhome, we have the basket hooked to the window frame with a snap swivel and a short piece of clear fishing line, which are invisible unless you really search for them.

Coleen Sykora

Escapees Life Member #19747

Workers On Wheels

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, modernbeat said:

For occasional picnic tables in parks I use shelf paper.

It sticks to even the most filthy table and doesn't go anywhere. It's a one-use item, which will discourage some.

When done, it's not so tacky that it's difficult to remove. So it peels off easily.

Does it leave a tacky surface for the next person to deal with?

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

37 minutes ago, sandsys said:

Does it leave a tacky surface for the next person to deal with?

Linda

No, most shelf paper is low-tack and doesn't leave any residue. Even less chance of transferring adhesive if the table and seats are a little dusty.

If you're worried, shelf paper is inexpensive at big-box stores and some grocery stores. You can try it out on your own patio table or chair before you inflict it on a table in the wild.

1 hour ago, modernbeat said:

most shelf paper is low-tack and doesn't leave any residue. Even less chance of transferring adhesive if the table and seats are a little dusty.

Good to know, thanks.

Linda

• 9 months later...